summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 23, 2007

december 23

Tomorrow is Christmas eve. The kids have been tucked in, and won't probably fall asleep for hours....they are so wound up..Today we had our Christmas feast at church. We number about 100, with 40 or so youth, 35 children, and the rest adults. So this year, the youth kids picked children's names and each youth got a child a gift. When it was present time, the youth went out into the hall, then paraded back in singing, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"...they lined up in the front of the meeting hall, and called out the kids names one at a time and presented their gifts....it was quite touching. We had a nice turkey dinner, prepared by Emily, and some of the other younger ones, and my older brother. Dessert was a sampler plate: pie (apple or pumpkin), chocolate torte, cheesecake with strawberries, and a peanut butter cookie, made the day before by Emily.

Em has to work a twelve hour shift tomorrow, but nurses can't always be choosers. The rest of us are going to my brother's house. He has ten kids, but 4 are married, and the youngest is 13 now. My other brother and his 12 kids will be there, and my sister with her seven daughters, two of whom are married....and one other brother with one son, and another brother with two kids might be there, and my dear brother who took care of my parents, who is single....I have no idea how many that adds up to, but it WILL be crowded and hot, and crazy and fun.

My baby is so precious today. She wore an adorable dress, and just was kissable. I'll post a picture of her sometime. My camera got lost, so my nice husband bought me another one. Just like the old one so I don't have to figure out how to use it. I am no genious when is comes to these things. Cell phones still scare me. I am never sure which button to answer it....and I always forget to turn it on when I go someplace. Then I forget to turn it off, then forget to charge it, then when I DO charge it, I forget to bring it with me again.....

No comments: