summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 29, 2007

a day at the mall

Yeah, I pretty much hate the mall. I don't mean I hate a bargain, just the mall. The kids needed to get out today, and I can't really do the pool yet with the baby and all, and Chinese buffet just sounded so decadent and overboard....so to the mall we went. I personally would rather go deal-hunting at Target...but, the mall it was. I took two nieces so there were 13 of us in the van. I hate clearance racks with 50% off the regular price. When something is 20 or 30 bucks, half off is way too expensive. I did find some nice skirts in a nice store for myself, however, which is rare. I usually go home with pretty much nothing for me. And I got Charlotte Claire a matching striped brown and pink and white shirt and tights. Very cute, and cheap. The kids were getting hungry in the mall, and I couldn't bear the thought of the overpriced food court. And it was too late in the day for Chinese (dinner prices), and Pizza Hut-I have no coupons, didn't know their specials, and didn't want to wait so long. So Molly got out her paper and pen, and we asked each one which two dollar menu items they would like from McD's.....then sent Molly in with her two cousins to order. We would have eaten in there, but Charlotte Claire fell asleep in her carseat....For dessert, I drove over to Rite-Aid across the street and got some half price Christmas sour patch kids, swedish fish, and Hershey kisses....what a sweet ride home. We live pretty far out, so the van rides can be quite fun, depending the kids' tiredness, or just general grumpiness. Or full of singing fun, fooling around. So our lunch-dinner was served in the van, and we had popcorn at home this evening, which turned into pretzels too, and a few cookies, and some stocking candy. It was a fun day. The best part was bring my classy baby carriage to the mall. Lots of ladies hated me, 'cause it's so nice. It's a Silver Cross basinette with a Jane frame. Actually, not too many people care about strollers and carriages: for me, it is an obsession. Well, my little Camille is fussing for me, the evenings are busy - she can't decide if she's hungry, or if her tummy hurts, so back and forth we go.....yes, she's lucky she's so cute.

No comments: