summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 14, 2013

a million and one reasons why I haven't posted today....

But the number one reason is that I don't have much to say. Today was just another day. I enjoyed it. I loved that Aaron stopped in this morning when the two little girls were getting ready for school. I loved that he scooped them both up at the same time and hugged them, those cute little girls with their too-huge backpacks on. It crossed my mind to take out my phone and grab a picture, but it seemed like it would turn the sweet innocent gesture of a big brother loving his little sisters into....a photo op. I loved the way Aaron and Joseph talked to each other, so glad to see one another, but of course not saying that. These two boys are only a year and a half apart, Joseph is 22 and Aaron is soon 21. They had their fun growing up, oh the trouble they found together....and seeing them interact now, as grown-ups....their mama loves it.

And today, I enjoyed Kathryn. We figured out how to email their 1st quarter homeschooling reports to Staples to be printed. We have given up on having our own printer. They are trouble, then they die.

I enjoyed spending time with Jonathan. He is writing in cursive, and reading about black holes. He helped me make some deadly treats today, fried churras. We mixed that flour in with the boiled butter in water, then stirred in the eggs, squeezed the mixture out of a pastry bag, then fried them....Jon sprinkled them with sugar and cinnamon....and oh my goodness, they were good. Why did I make them? No idea. Saw the recipe, and headed into the kitchen to make them.....we saved enough for the school kids to have when they got home:)

We usually don't fry things here, but since we had used all that oil for those churras, I decided to use it again before throwing it away...so I made sweet potato fries for dinner.

There is still chicken in the oven, I forgot to take it out in time for it to thaw, so I put a few hunks of frozen chicken breasts on cookie sheets, with seasoning and drizzled with olive oil. The older kids are leaving for the youth meeting, they can have chicken when they get home, to go with the veggies and fries they already had.

So I haven't written today because honestly, I don't know what to say. Nothing earthshattering is happening around here. Emily and I are going shopping tomorrow, to buy food for the church music weekend. I am looking forward to that. Joseph will stay here with the homeschoolers, so I have to assign some work. We are having company for dinner tomorrow night, and Emily has said she will cook, since she has a really interesting stir-fry recipe that is niggling her to try. I am also looking forward to that. It has been a very long time since anyone else has actually made a nice meal around here. I am already luxuriating in the fact that I already know pretty much what we are having a whole day ahead of time, and that I am not the one making it!

Our power went out last evening, right before the kids went out the door to activity club. The little girls got scared when it got so black so suddenly, they started to whimper and cry and scream, then actually shriek, as they fed off each other's fear. We got candles out, and when it was determined that activity club was canceled, we settled in for some story telling. I got out some Halloween candy (and ooops, I ate some. dang it, I had done so well all day long....), and we talked. Suzanne showed the little ones some videos on her ipod, of extreme hoarders, which fascinates them for some reason. (It helps me decide to get rid of stuff:))

The power came back on as we put them to bed, and Camille said, "I think God was nice to let the power go out, because He knew we would have a cozy time." I totally agreed.

And...I miss my husband. I really really do.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For having nothing to say I reckon that was still a pretty good effort ;)

Unknown said...

This makes me miss home so much. What a little angel Camille is