summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 16, 2013

phew what a day!!!!

Becky (my sister's daughter, same age as my Emily), and I, at the Dome. And yes, that was diet Pepsi in my cup.

As we walked from the parking garage to the dome where the basketball games are played, I mourned the passing of a beautiful warm sunny day that I wouldn't get to partake of. I wanted to just sit down in that sunshine and bask. I turned my face toward it while I approached the building....then decided to just knock it off, and enjoy the day inside.

And enjoy it, I did.

I was pleased to get a text from Abigail, with a picture of the kids on the carousel, she had taken them to the big mall in the big city:)

Emily came over after her shift at the hospital, and took Evelyn Joy out to dinner in the small city, to a Mexican place. Kathryn and Suzanne babysat for Susan and Thomas's kids, William and the twins. Joe took the trash to the dump:), and Mirielle and Margaret went to the music weekend at church.

Five older kids are watching a movie....I am not so interested in it, I actually just want to go to bed. Going to the dome is very tiring, but I am thankful that my older kids step up and help, and I am able to go "doming", even though I kind of hate it:)

I talk to Paul every day on the phone. I miss him more and more as the days go by. It is nice to love someone so much though.

And, I am tired. I could ramble, but...goodnight!

2 comments:

Martha said...

I can relate tot he feeling of panic when these last nice days are not spent outside. I often have to remind myself of how many of them I am able to enjoy. I actually can find myself looking forward to bad weather which gives me a perfectly good excuse to stay inside.

16 blessings'mom said...

I remember the days when so many of my kids were small and dependent, and I would also look forward to the bad weather days so I didn't have to bring them out, it was such an ordeal. Plus, some of those brilliantly beautiful days seemed to just mock me, as I worked inside on diapers and dishes.....