summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 4, 2013

aaah, monday morning....

I love this coffee mug. It is Evelyn's, but she is at school. One of my favorite things is to look for at the thrift stores: coffee mugs.

It is cold here this morning, way below freezing earlier. There is frost on the pumpkins, as my mother used to say. I have not ventured out for my walk yet. First of all, I stayed up much too late, then I woke up much too early. When I woke up the little girls, I was met with resistance. They did not want to get out of their warm comfy beds. I coaxed them by telling them they could sit with me in my chair for a bit.... and, we almost fell back to sleep. In fact, Miss Camille was snoring. The dogs were snoring, I was almost asleep, and Miss Char fell back to sleep in her bed. Oh, how I wanted to keep them home today! But, I went against everything in me, and scootched her off my lap, out of her warm blankie, into some school clothes, made them berry bagels, packed some turkey sandwiches and apples and baby carrots and chocolate chip cookies for lunches, brushed their hair, zipped up their coats.....and off they went. wah.

Jonathan is up now, waiting anxiously for some school work to do. The sun is shining, and it is a good day. Although I would like a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, love this post. Why do we all sleep so much better when it is time to get up and moving....kids and adults both. You sound like you have been homeschooling for years, how do you choose things for Jon to do (my question mark button does not work)

16 blessings'mom said...

Simone, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing half the time. I usually sit down every morning and write out six words for Jonathan to look up, and learn to spell. The other day we talked about hours of daylight in different parts of the world during different seasons. He mostly looks things up on his tablet, then we discuss them, usually with Kathryn too. Yesterday we were looking up the populations of different countries, and he went off on a tangent looking at crowded cities on google earth. So he is learning, but really untraditionally:)