summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 5, 2014

these are a few of my favorite things....

Yes, we did. We got a new kitty.

Jonathan is pretty much in love.

Sonja K. with new kitty.

See, we went swimming today at our church pool....
Homeschooling gym class:)

Oh what a glorious day at the pool! 90 degrees out, sunny and breezy, oh just yummy. The kids sure got their exercise.

I kept my little niece and nephew with me for a bit....and when I dropped them off at home, little Dani went ran in the house and came out with...the sweetest little kitten. Mom! Mom, please! We'll take care of it!

And, I fell for it. Yup, I did. Even though I know for darn certain who will be the one cleaning up messes...taking it to the vet....paying for it....I fell for it. Because, shh, she's adorable! I am a huge sucker for babies, even baby kitties.

The fun part was telling Daddy. If I had called him and asked him, we all know what he would have said. We had to go to Walmart to get kitten chow and worm medicine just in case, and flea drops, and a litter pan and litter, and a cute little water and food dish. This kitty was still nursing from her mama, and doesn't know how to drink from a bowl. We are giving her water from a medicine dropper, but she figured out how to eat the kitten chow pretty fast. Anyway, we got home and made dinner...taco salad with veggies from the garden, corn on the cob from Walmart, local corn, for 10 cents an ear...and the kids speculated endlessly about What Daddy Would Say. The suspense was killing me. He finally came in, and the kids were just looking at each other, Sonja actually meowed, sitting at the dinner table. I couldn't stand it, so I told Suze to just go get Kitty. She did. Paul was like, "You got a kitten? Why?" He shook his head, but didn't say much. I told him because it was cute. He agreed, she is cute.

And that was that.

He is a pretty nice guy.

I did feel slightly guilty because he had an appointment with his heart doctor today, and was put on an additional med for his heart, and the only pharmacy that our insurance covers didn't have it at any of it's stores, and he leaves for France tomorrow. But it didn't seem to bother him, our new little kitty.

Tomorrow is going to be busy one: I have to bring Paul to the airport, then I am working at a church bake sale. Jon is going to a friend's birthday, so I have to get him out some decent clothes tonight. The little girls are going to their two cousins' party, I have to make sure they have clothes out. Margaret is bringing them for me, it's nice when the older kids drive.

We wrapped the birthday presents already, hopefully they will remember to bring them when they go.

No comments: