summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

this old lady is tired!

(Suri and I) I meant the dog, of course. We went on a small hike, across a big bridge, then through the woods....

Suri didn't care for the bridge, and I don't blame her. It was scary, and lots of work for her not to let her paws slip through. And lest you think me mean to bring her across this bridge, note that on the other side was freedom...I let her off the leash, and she bounded. She sniffed and explored, but mostly stayed with us. She liked to hop down the path right along side the kids.

Jonathan, Char, and Camille and I.

See, I promised them if they did all their school work today while I was gone grill shopping with Emily, I would take them somewhere fun. And believe me when I say that I seriously didn't want to do anything but put my feet up after going to Wegman's (only for a coffee, Em says they have the best. I mixed dark roast and pumpkin spice, yum), BJ's, Tops, and Real Deals, then to the church to put it all away....

The kids did all their work, with help and encouragement from their big sisters. So, I was on the hook to go bye-bye again. The older kids were all going to the youth meeting soon anyway, so I left with Jon, Char, Cam, and Suri. We didn't bring Duke too because he isn't "fixed", and what if there was a cute female dog? All reason leaves that dog when he smells a dog in heat. BTW, we got him last year at 8 years old, and decided he was too old to neuter, although I still would like to have it done. Anyway, tangent.

We went on an adventure. We walked across that bridge and down the path through the woods for a while. It got rather warm (or was that just me?), and the mosquitoes started finding us. I was tired enough to come home and put my feet up, once again, then Char had the bright idea that we should go to the Rec. Center pool. um, really? It did NOT sound good to me, but I heard myself agree to it. I even told Charlotte Claire that it was a good idea. Faith and all that, you know?

So home to get the suits and towels, and drop off Suri, and off we went, again.

We stopped at the library in town. We wandered around, got a few Barbie movies, a Judy Moody book, another I Spy book,a Star Wars movie, and a few books for me.

The pool WAS a grand idea, I told Miss Char. It was relaxing and it really felt wonderful to get into the water after being so busy today.

Home...ah home. I wanted to bake the cake for tomorrow's Cast Party for this past summer's church play, but I decided to put it off until tomorrow. It was the night to crack into the frozen pizza rolls for the kids. I had cauliflower tossed in butter and hot sauce, microwaved pepperoni, and a bowl of popcorn cooked in coconut oil and drizzled with butter, salt, and pepper. Yeah, I am healthy like that.:)

The girls are sleeping in my bed again, I get just a small bit of room near the edge, but there is something so cozy about having sleepovers with those little girls.

Tomorrow I have to bake that cake, and maybe some cupcakes or cookies too, for the cast party. I will get up and go for my walk, no matter what. I have laundry to do, and the floors will surely need to be swept...the dog hair, ugh.

I miss Paul this trip more than usual. He is in France again.

It's late, and I am tired for some reason. ha.

4 comments:

Martha said...

This old girl is tired too, and mean me.
This babysitting stuff is for the birds.

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, I know. Old people like us get tired. I seriously never seem to get enough sleep. Today was The Day to sleep in, I warned the Real School kids I wouldn't get up with them, ect. But. One missed the bus and woke me up to ask if she could drive. Camille woke up too, Camille who has a temperature of 99.7. Just a little sick, with a headache, I could have totally justified sleeping in...such a rainy day for sleeping....

Martha said...

Isn't that just the way? My grands came today. I am about to start referring to them as "The Naughties". If they aren't hitting or biting each other, they are running through the house screaming. Do you think it's okay if I trounce them?

16 blessings'mom said...

Indeed:)