summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 15, 2015

summer adventures....with pictures...


Me...on my morning walk. Now, I have let these walks fall by the wayside, thinking everyday that perhaps tomorrow I will take one. But yesterday, we went on a big adventure to Watkins Glen, home of over 800 stairs!


We only went up about 400 of them. Yes, I sort of counted. I am not as big as I used to be, but it is deeply ingrained in me to hate stairs, to fear them. My knees are also full of arthritis, so they still are rather painful. And with each step I heaved myself up, that little niggling thought was there: we have to go back down each and every one on the way back. It makes it a struggle to just enjoy the scenery, I tell you.


Charlotte Claire, Sonja K., Paul, Camille, Jonathan, and Suzanne...our little family :)


With Suzanne and Jon


With Jonathan...


Char, Suze, Sonja, Cam...our four youngest daughters.


Sweet little Char...


Paul and I with our baby:)


Camille and I...



This place is beautiful. It is worth every cookie I don't eat to be able to do things like this. It gave me incentive to not only stick to my healthy eating, but to fit in the daily exercise.

We stopped at a roadside stand for summer squash (something ate ours in the garden), cucumbers, and fresh garlic. Paul made up a yummy dish of the squash, garlic, and tomatoes from our garden, with onions. I grilled some chicken and basted it with a Buffalo sauce, except for a few barbecue pieces for the little kids. I cut up some potatoes, Jonathan microwaved them for a bit then fried them up, the kids enjoyed them.

And today...I am taking the girls to pick wildflowers, then in the pool, then to my brother's house for a graduation party...














1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

Great pics:) Your little Camille is getting so grown up! I've been reading your blog since she was a little baby. Beautiful family you have. And that place you visited looks amazing.
~Michelle in FL, mom to 7:)