1. The kids ran around for a few hours at the playground while Mirielle and I sat in the sun and basked...we were at, "Bird Poop Playground", as the kids call it because there are ducks and geese there. There was a nice breeze, and the sun was blazing. Davian made friends with a little boy, but after that boy left, the kids had the playground to themselves. So the whole play structure was a ship...
2. Mirielle has new tires on her car! Just kidding, that's not exciting. But when you grow up, you have to spend your money on not-fun things.
3. We did go to Target before the playground. I bought Suzanne a beautiful white scarf to wear in Israel. They are visiting the Old City, and have to be well-covered.
4. When Mirielle's car was finished, we headed home then remembered we hadn't gotten lightbulbs...so we stopped at the grocery store. We bought apples and bananas and burger and cereal and ice cream and yogurt and avocados and cheese.
5. Home...ah home. But not for long. These kids are leaving for Israel before I get back from Seattle, and I am leaving for Seattle in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday...and these kids have a soccer tournament this weekend, and I am working at the football game Saturday....and they need stuff before they go....
6. Jonathan needs a haircut, but says he needs to grow it out for Halloween.
7. Laundry and packing...lots to do. But oh I cannot wait to get to Seattle! Paul will be relaxed and Relaxed Paul is so nice to be with! And seeing my sweet little granddaughter! And being with Ben and Ashley...I can't wait.
Anyway...this has been a horrid post to write...the kids are here and there and everywhere, and you know how it is when you realize that you are ignoring them? And that you really should be doing other things? And that you have been interrupted no less than fifty times? And that your thought process is fragmented and your writing is awful and why even hit the "publish" button?