summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 1, 2017

home again home again, jiggity jig....

And we went to market to buy...some old lamps.
Lamps from the thrift store, new with the tags on! They were brown wood, ugh, but oh the possibilities! The girls voted for gray, I had wanted something a bit more oomphy, but they vetoed the nice aqua. And the mirror, from the North Carolina Mirror company, gold and gilded, just screaming to be chalkpainted a nice plaster color...

We got home after midnight on Wednesday. Thursday morning, I went with Emily and Camille to visit Grandma, who is doing so much better! She was alert and talking, and she is one strong lady.

Home again, just to leave to take a few kids school shopping...but I drove right to that thrift store first, for me. Camille found a NorthFace jacket, and I found a Cuisinart mixer that works. I got Lydia a little Fisher-Price van, with batteries, that sings little songs.

Then to Walmart...$55 worth of binders, folders, pens, pencils, and other nonsense. Apparently we BUY bookcovers now, ha.

Marshalls, for a backpack for Sonja. She wanted an expensive one, so she bought it herself with babysitting money.

B.J.'s for groceries, and snacks for their trip to Winnipeg. 27 hours each way, they left this morning...Emily and Abigail and Margaret and Adrian, Evelyn and Suzanne and Sonja and Jonathan. They went with the youth group, two 15 passenger vans and a car...

And now I have to leave to work the football game...ugh.:)

1 comment:

Joybells said...

Welcome back! Love the thrift store finds! :)

Joy from Salem