summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 3, 2017

oh yeah, a new start!


I went on my morning walk! Now, this may seem like a small thing, but believe me, it's huge! I have gotten out of shape again, and every single night I tell myself that tomorrow I'll do better. This fine morning, bound and determined to go on that morning walk, I looked at the rain, and then at the weather map...yes, it was raining...and went anyway.


The thing about the morning walk is this: it's lovely. It's relaxing, such a good start to the day, and I managed to do it for a few years straight before I started finding it hard to fit it in. Anyway, I'm in bad shape, but it ain't over 'til it's over, and today is a new start.

We are having just a bit of fun here with our company, we are puppysitting for the long weekend for Ms. Bunnifer Lopez, aka Bunny, or Little Miss Bunshine, Margaret and Adrian's Boxador, she's a few months younger than Sunny. They are besties, girlfriends, buddies...they play-fight, they wrestle, they run, they romp and rumpus and create all sorts of mayhem, wreak the craziest havoc. They try to get Suri to join in, but she'll have none of their nonsense, she remains stoic and wags her tail, looks at me and we agree: they're crazy. But they're all good dogs, and it's quite fun at our house this weekend.

Aaron and Riley flew in from San Francisco this weekend to surprise Grandma! She was doing so poorly this past week, she was taken back to the hospital, but now is back in the rehab center and is doing quiet well. We went to visit her yesterday. Paul made her some scalloped potatoes, and I brought her chocolate chip cookies, and was happy to see her eat two of them. :)

We had pizza and the local place for dinner, so no cooking, just made a big salad and put more cookies in the oven. Ben and Ashley and Anya, and Molly and Lydia joined us. Lots of the kids are in Winnipeg for the weekend (Emily, Abigail, Margaret (and Adrian), Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan), and the little girls don't like it. Cam keeps saying, "We need more people here."

It's quiet here on this rainy morning, except for the puppies romping around. I made meatballs last night for tonight's dinner, and am thinking of making a fine dessert...hmm. Not for me though, oh dear, I need to get serious again.

School starts this week, and I am excited to begin homeschooling Jon, Char, and Cam...and we'll have three girls in high school again this year, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja. We are also going to be having Lydia two days a week, so I'm sure we won't be bored. :)

2 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Good for you Della.......getting back into your morning walk!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I am the worlds worst procrastinator........but once my mind is made up it's full steam ahead. That puppy play can drive you nuts after a while, can't it?? If it's raining and they can't go outside for that it can be a bit trying 😬😬 We had that a few weeks ago with my grand dog Dexter........... How lovely of the boys to come and see grandma. It's good she's out of the hospital again. Scalloped Potatoes are what I call a 'comfort food'........along with Creamy Rice Pudding...and a few other things. She might benefit from some Bone Broth if Paul has any of that. Keep up the walking as you certainly do feel better for the rest of the day!! Have a good day!! 🐢🐢🐾🐾

Marilyn from Canada

Tereza said...

Just this past year I've learned to take walks in the rain too (BC weather!)...and that it actually doesn't kill me and is enjoyable even! Who'da thought?! I just take an umbrella .