summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

it's back to school in the rain!!!!


But first, the morning walk! Accountability 101! Rain or shine! I won't melt, that's what I tell myself.

The little girls are immersed in school work, we planned work and schedules last evening, not to be last minute or anything. Jonathan is getting a break today, he came in from Winnipeg in the early hours of the morning, so I am letting him catch some sleep. The three high school girls got on the bus despite their lack of sleep.

Abigail headed to work this morning after getting home at 3 a.m., and...her car broke down, just stopped driving as she was going up a hill. She is waiting for the tow truck, then I am picking her up from the auto mechanic in town. (never a dull moment)

And in other Never A Dull Moment news, our septic pump is broken, again! It's probably under a thousand bucks. Add it to the list, but it can't wait, nor can the new furnace. The old one is barely functioning, and the repairman said so many parts are falling apart, it can't be repaired anymore, so we are getting a new one. The new pool pump motor can wait until spring, and the rest of the new windows have moved down a few slots on the To Do list. Happy Homeowners, that's us!

Lydia is coming over this afternoon for a visit with her mama, and tomorrow she is coming over again, when her mama goes to work. Thursday, Little Miss Sunshine is going in to the vet to be spayed. Then I am taking some little girls here on a fun outing, for them, not me,...the mall. I told them they can try on some clothes and have a photo shoot, just for fun.

Char and Cam and I made homemade bread on Sunday. I was smart this time, and had only a few little tastes. There's some left, so I made them toast for breakfast, with jam. They also had hot green tea with honey. So it's cozy time here, with the rain and the gloom.

Jonathan is up now, and I have to catch up on how his weekend was...

No comments: