summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 14, 2018

dead blogs...

Where did they go? Why did they stop writing? Did they die, or did they find a better use of their time? Did the weight-loss bloggers just plain gain it all back and had nothing to write about besides how good last night's ice cream was? They leave us in the lurch, not knowing their real names, no way of finding out what happened to them...:(

My hope it to keep at it until I can't do it anymore, which would be when Jesus comes back to take me home, or perhaps when I die of natural causes at the age of 105. I would like to live until 105, because then I could share old age with my children. Even Camille would be 63. And think of this, if I lived that long, the kids would actually be relieved to see me go, as they would all be old and tired by then. (Emily would be 86!)

Anyway. The things I think of when I wake up so early here on the west coast. I was ready to go at 5:30, which would be like sleeping in 'til 8:30 back home! So I dozed some more, then decided to check the news, and write a little bit.

This fine morning, Emily and I are going to set out in our little rental car and visit some friends, visit a waterfalls, and maybe a winery. I haven't gotten my phone yet so Em will have to take the pics.

I miss Paul. I really miss him. He will be home from Singapore before I get home from here. I am not willing this vacation to go by any faster, but it will be nice to get home. We are leaving for our family vacation in the Adirondacks really soon after getting home from here, four days, ha, and of course I haven't packed a single thing, and I have to buy loads of food. There will be like 27 of us there for the week, but we have dinner three dinner teams, each making two meals. The first night will be only Paul and I and Camille probably, because the kids will be coming up on Sunday after the youth conference. Anyway, I also have to get snacks for lunches, and lots of eggs and bacon and pancake fixings for brekky. The kitchen in this place is huge, it's a place intended to host corporate get-aways, and there are three refrigerators and two ovens, a commercial six burner stove, and two dishwashers. We are all very excited to cook meals in this kitchen! The place sleeps 26, and five of our guests are grandchildren, three of whom are little babies, the others are 4 and two years old, so we will fit just fine.

Anyway, it's time to get moving...:)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

There are at least a dozen blogs I used to read that have gone "private" or just shut down or simply haven't posted in YEARS and I wonder the same thing. I MISS THOSE online "friends" and it just seems weird that I know so much about their daily lives - and yet I don't anymore.

105 sounds good as long as you're not stuck in a nursing home somewhere with no company. I want to take care of myself until the day I leave this earth. I wouldn't mind if someone grocery shopped and cooked me all my favorite foods - and cleaned my house so I could be available to visit with everyone who comes to see me, but that's it.

Martha said...

I'm still here. I didn't die.

Donna bogie said...

Instagram and facebook have take the place of blogs, But i still love to read a good post. Keep them coming!