summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 9, 2018

the day stretched before us...

An empty Saturday. A blank day. It's going by too fast already. When I woke up and remembered it was Saturday, yay, I didn't have to get up! Is that not the best feeling, when you realize it's Saturday?

My little girls are in Connecticut with Abigail for the weekend, and Jonathan spent the night at Margaret and Adrian's. So this fine morning, Kathryn and Evelyn and Suzanne and Sonja and me, and Joseph, are here. Sonja made pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, Suze made me an egg with sausage. Evelyn made coffee in her new French press, and now we're sitting here deciding what to do today. Margaret is coming over with baby Wulf soon.

Our company last night was nice. I admit to getting pre-company anxiety, but I don't listen to it, because I KNOW it's fun to have people over, and I never regret it. I do find myself regretting it when I'm getting ready to have them come, when they're almost here, and I still have a million things to do, and I drop or spill something. Last evening, I was out washing out a cooler to put drinks in, a cooler which had been under the deck for far too long, and was a bear to clean. blah. I wondered what the heck I was doing having company. Benjamin grilled burgers and helped clean the pool filter, he's great to have around:)

He will be closing on his house soon, pinch me, I still don't believe he is actually local now, and will be living ten miles down the road in a big old house. Over seven years away, and now I get to see him all the time. He is just a great son, I love him. And Ashley is the best daughter-in-law, too, she is part of the family, and it's gotten better and better...she's not company anymore, ha. In fact, she was sweeping the kitchen when I came in from washing out that cooler, and I was so thankful...

Anyway. It's sunny and warm and the birds are singing. The pool is clean, and we have no plans. We will probably end up going out and about later, the girls are talking about bathing suits and sandals...

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della.......I slept in till 9 this morning, something I hardly ever do, and it was soooooooo nice. The only thing is I’ve been sitting around like a sloth ever since 🙄 A trip out shopping with the girls will be fun........I absolutely HATE trying on bathing suits, especially when the skinny little sales girl says “come on out and let us see”. I think not! 😂😂😂😂 Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada

Michelle in FL said...

What a blessing to have your grown kids move back close to home! I hope for the same some day...I have a son in the Navy in another state and a daughter across the country. It's hard having them so far away. So I understand how wonderful it is to have your family close by again. :)