summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 14, 2018

here's what oregon is like...

Hills, mountains, the valley, the Pacific ocean...(which I haven't been to yet this trip!). We were planning to go to Mount Hood tomorrow, but it's four hours from here. So, a waterfalls and a vineyard...and a visit to an old friend will suffice:)

Today we hung around, went to the grocery store for good stuff for dinner, which was: fresh homemade pasta with a bacon and fresh tomato-basil sauce, and a grilled salad with asparagus and artichoke hearts...yummers. Last night we had steaks with butter and pine nuts, mashed golden potatoes with garlic and parmesan cheese, roasted brussel sprouts.

The pine trees here are huge, it's hilly and there are mountains towering in the distance. As much as I miss my kids back home, and Paul, who is in Singapore, I love it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming for dinner!
Hope you enjoy your time with the boys and that Aaron is very happy!

Simone