summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 12, 2018

finger lakes beauty....


Our friends Hobie and Karen, me with Paul, and Emily and Mirielle...Evelyn took the picture...we were at Keuka Lake, absolutely gorgeous.


With Mirielle and Emily...


Sometimes it's almost a waste of time to take pictures, because they don't begin to capture the beauty.


Mirielle, Paul, me, Emily.


With Evelyn Joy:)


With Emily:)


And Mirielle..:)


Our friend Karen.



Paul and me...because he's so cute.

We tasted wine, we reveled in the scenery, and we laughed. Tasting wine is a fantastic learning experience, the grapes grown in the Finger Lakes are unique and oh dear, the yumminess of that Cayuga White! Some of the drier wines have flavors that sneak up the nose and mmm.

We came back here for dinner, the girls here made burgers, Paul grilled them. We had some corn on the cob, and the girls cut up cantaloupe and made a nice platter with grapes. Shh, I brought home some nice bottles of wine to share too.

This fine morning, we are going to Family Day for Samuel, in the Army Reserves. This afternoon, there are calling hours for my sister-in-law Kim's brother Brian, who passed away way too young. We also have a surprise birthday party planned for Sam, who knows about it and is very excited.

1 comment:

T.L. said...

Sounds wonderful! I know what you mean about pictures that are so disapointing compared to the real landscape.