summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 30, 2018

great adventures!!!


Charlotte Claire, Camille, me, and Evelyn Joy...

We went to the great New York State Fair today, bright and early, with Suzanne, Jonathan, and little Lydia. We got on the bus in town at 9:40 a.m., and if you're reading this and thinking that it's not really that early, well. YOU try to get out the door with a small child who is a brand-new three year old, a 12 year old who takes a shower when everyone else wants to use the bathroom, and a 14 year old boy who made a big breakfast...only one of them forgot their waterbottle, and we never even opened the cooler bag of snacks I insisted we needed to bring.

Now, when we go to the fair, we stick to the tamer side of things, like the horticulture building and the dairy building. We had one dollar baked potatoes, and 25 cent chocolate milk. We bought some honey, and got to see the queen bee surrounded by her workers, in a glass enclosed hive. The little girls got to sample honeycomb, and we tried some cherry juice made in a local town. We did the blind maple syrup test, and all knew which one was real (I can taste Mrs. Butterworth's!). We bought maple syrup caramel corn.


Bright and early on the bus, Suzanne with Lydia, and Evelyn.


This cow behind me was named Della. I don't run into many with my name, so I introduced myself.


Lyd, Suze, and Cam...did I mention that Suzanne took that driver's test a second time, and PASSED??!!! uh-huh, she did.


I love this pic, Suze looks like a celebrity mom, even though she's not even a mom. She's Lydia's auntie, and Cam's big sister, ha.


Jonny is a good sport, hanging out with all of us girls. He is more efficient, more impatient, sees no need to dawdle, but oh dear, we're like a herd of turtles. I like to look at things, and take it slow, and he's all ready to move it.


Lydia was DELIGHTED with the baby chicks.

This is why children are so wonderful to be around, they appreciate things, and their joy is contagious.


Camille loved those chickies too!


Yes, we had fun.:)






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Suzanne! She looks so pretty and I noticed the contacts... hope that's going well for her. Her & Evelyn are just adorable to come along. So is Jon and I cannot believe how much he has grown up. Where does the time go..
Your namesake is too funny :)

Simone

Michelle in Florida said...

Yay Suzanne! She's so grown up now, as are all of your kids...I've been reading your blog since Camille was just a baby! Oh and how hilarious to have a cow with your name? Too funny!:)

Rose Sperlonga said...

Wow! Your girls are stunning! I love that they are all in dresses and sparkling! You must be a very proud mama. :)

And Jonathon is a trooper being around all the women! LOL He 's so cute. And patient I'm sure!