summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

crying buckets...


me, Suzanne, Jonathan, library nerds.

It was hard to say goodbye. 2,750 miles is not just across the street. Laden with suitcases, her backpack, some cashews to eat on the trip, hugging us, it was hard. Her little sisters are going to miss her the most. She's the kind of sister who will make homemade ramen and churros with them, knit them cute hats with ears. It's just hard.

But one good thing, I made it to my first water aerobics class! One full hour of moving in the water, how can that be anything but good? The instructor is a very nice lady, she kept things moving and kept stressing that if we can't keep up, it's okay. I think I kept up all right. The last fifteen minutes were mostly stretching exercises, and that felt amazing after getting the heart rate up.

Now, I just have to keep going, two nights a week, because we all know I am my worst enemy, talking myself out of all these things. Going into a new situation, new people, not knowing what I'm doing...these ladies have been doing these classes for years, and I had to strap on a float belt, and choose some weights, it's like being in high school again in gym class, and everyone looking at me, ugh. But I choose not to care, because I partly do care, but I don't want to care. Make sense?

I mean, we don't care what others think, but when we're in the situation, we find that we're dying of embarrassment. When I went to put the water weights away, they're made of foam, and very light, and they go on this big shelf made of plastic pipes...they have to balance. Of course one fell, and knocked down five more, which knocked down ten more, rolling hither and tither, me standing there all lovely in my dripping swim dress, not caring what anyone thinks, right.

Outside the old comfort zone, right where we don't want to be.

Today, Camille is home from school again, she might be able to return tomorrow. It was nice having her around yesterday, Paul worked from home, so I did leave and go to the library, and to Aldi with Jon and Suzanne.

This fine morning, Jon is going to go on a walk with me. He has made a commitment to better health, he's been working out every day and eating better. I ate only one meal yesterday, and it was the best taco salad ever! I ate when I got home from the pool, almost eight at night, and it was SO GOOD! Jon and Sonja made it, and it was packed away so nicely in the refrigerator, I just had to get out what I wanted, warm up the taco meat. Sonja teased me because she says I always say whatever I just ate was the "best ever". Harrumph. It was!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hugs for your mamma's heart.
And... I know exactly what you mean about the water exercise situation!!!!!!!
I wish we lived closer and we could go together because I feel exactly the same!
Have a cozy afternoon.

Dawn Marie said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and I thought I'd do the same. Wow, what a beautiful family you have. You sure are blessed! I have 2 kids and at times it seems like more than I can handle lol. I used to also live in New York, but it was on Long Island. I've been upstate a few times as a child. It was nice to "meet" you and I'd love to follow your blog.