summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 22, 2023

here in the desert with dessert...

 

Ahh, the sun coming up...not too warm yet this fine morning.  I woke up at four, when the robot-vac started its morning rounds.  It was seven back home, so I decided to just stay up.  Decided.  ha.  As IF I could just go back to sleep, one of the perks of getting older, you don't sleep like a teenager anymore.  I did sleep well, and that's something I do not take for granted.
The pups were up with the birds anyway.  
Banjo catching the ball.
Last evening, we had dessert in the desert.  We shared them all.  I want to say it made me feel ill and I'll never eat cookies again, but I felt fantastic and they were delicious.  The three brown sugar Pop-Tart cookies:  yup.  The Oreo, meh, the chocolate chip, good, the monster cookie, excellent.  

This is Lilly.  She's getting old in the chin, but still acts like a puppy.  
Pretzel keeps an eye on things.
Banjo is trouble, so adorable, so energetic.  Look at that face.

Paul with his three friends.  

Our trip out here was uneventful, yet so eventful.  I got my preCheck straightened out, so glad I did, the line for the regular security was so long.  I'm not at the I need a wheelchair stage, but my knees sing me a sad song when I'm on my feet for too long, they lock up and ache.  

We had a tight connection in NY city, so when our captain informed us of issues needing attention before we took off on our first flight, I just had to let it go and relax, not let it get to me.  We ended up landing ten minutes before our next flight boarded, so we scurried through that airport...and phew, made it just in time.  JetBlue, and I'm not getting paid to say this, is a fine airline:  free snacks and drinks, they came through the cabin twice with the drinks, and their coffee is Dunkin, not too bad, with real milk based cream.  They have a snack cabinet, fully stocked, free for the taking.  The seats are roomy, and they have movie screens on each seat back.  I watched The Green Book, and really enjoyed it.  I tried to watch an episode of Chip and Johanna flipping a house, but so many commercials, and so much shiplap.  So I watched Elf, which is adorable and funny.  I had never watched the beginning before, I must have always been in the kitchen making popcorn ha.

Riley picked us up and had cold brews for us, the cinnamon one I like and a chai tea for Camille.  :). Then, homemade ramen noodles with all the fixings for dinner...oh it was good.

We are certainly enjoying our visit.  They are leaving for Austria and Scotland tomorrow, we will be house sitting and doggy sitting.  The forecast is pleasant and gorgeous, sunny and in the nineties or low hundreds, so we're looking forward to many afternoons in the pool.   

I already miss my kids at home, and the grandkids too, but I plan to keep in touch with them while we're here.  If I see any poisonous toads or snakes, I'll make sure to video them for the kids to see, especially Wulf and Achilles.  But of course I hope that doesn't happen.  (You have to check the yard for them before you let the dogs out in the morning!)

Have a really good day!



No comments: