summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 15, 2023

weekend!

 Ahh, a weekend at the lake!  Does the reality every match up with the expectations?  When Emily surprised me with this plan, back in July, we hoped it would be one of those crazy hot September weekends, so that no matter how cold Cayuga Lake is, we'd be in it.  

We cannot sneeze at this forecast.  It could be worse.  It could be raining.  "Filtered sun, breezy".  Harrumph.  Full sun, please, as I bask on that private beach.  Somebody slap me.

This sweetheart visited yesterday with her mama and two big brothers...

Blythe Margaret...

Dinner was homemade meatballs. I had to go to the pricey little grocery store in town for sauce.  I usually have a stock of it, but oops.  I also was out of oats, as no one here really eats oatmeal anymore, and I like old-fashioned whole oats in the meatballs, with lots of minced onion.  

This is the blog post that won't get done, ha, this fine morning I went to the pool...then to pick up some freshly roasted coffee from the place down near the prison.  The owner actually runs a very busy and successful graphics/printing place, and roasts coffee on the side as a hobby.  He sent out an email that it was on sale, because he enjoys roasting it and wants to get it into the hands of those who appreciate good coffee.  $12.50 for a pound of fresh whole bean coffee, how can you beat that?  

Wegmans was next, for chicken breast, pepperoni, and seltzers.  I also got some of my favorite 40 calorie frozen fudge bars, no sugar added and so yummy.  Then, Aldi for raspberries, grapes, little oranges, cinnamon swirl bread, butter, brie, goat cheese, fresh salsa, peppers, and some other goodies.  

Home...ah, home.  I cooked up the three pounds of bacon I bought from the Mennonite store the other day, and have the chicken breast trimmed up and marinating in Cornell sauce...which ha, we are going to be in that neck of the woods, near Ithaca on Cayuga Lake.  I'll grill that chicken before we leave, and slice up a bunch of peppers, simple wraps are so good for dinner.

For now, though, a break for my achey feet.  

Maybe I'll take some pictures, maybe my five daughters won't love that, ha, if they're all settled into comfy relaxing clothes.  Emily, Mariel, Evelyn, Charlotte Claire, and Camille...won't it be fun?


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Blythe is beautiful! What a little sweetheart. Have a great time at the lake! I'll pray you get at least one full day of warm sunshine.

Mari said...

Blythe is so sweet!
I think you will have a great time, and hopefully get some photos!