summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 4, 2023

Labor Day...

...aptly enough, ha.  I woke up with the sun this fine morning, to get those ribs into the smoker.  I should have gotten up earlier, but ah well.  Four hours at 250, then smother with bbq sauce, wrap in foil, two more hours...should be done by two.  The party starts at noon, so we should survive.  We're having grilled hot dogs and coneys, chips and dip, celery and carrots, and this:

Two 13x9 containers of watermelon, cantaloupe, red and green grapes (the green grapes are huge!), blueberries.  

Grace is making the cupcakes, we are celebrating Tennyson Paul turning three years old.  I still have to wrap his presents.  

It should be quite a party.  This is open:

I'll volunteer to go in with the kids and the dads if the new mommies want to sit in the living room with their babies.  It's a sacrifice, ha, but I'll do it.  (The pool is my happy place.  I'm in complete denial that this is probably the last week for it.)(We went in it yesterday, it's freezing, but terrific)

Yeah, I still need to vacuum and mop and get things ready, but there's still time.  It's nice to be up early, and have some quiet. 

Last evening, I grilled chicken that I had marinated in lime juice and fresh cilantro.  I drained it, covered it in olive oil, and mmm.  Very tender and juicy.  We had fajitas again.

Summer IS ending, but not yet.  I do want to make a beef stew and a chicken pot pie, but not yet.  I still want to walk around the yard in bare feet, and I want to sit in the sun on the pool deck, then ahh, get in the water and move.  It's where I move best.  I want to sit on the deck with a morning coffee while the sun comes up from behind the trees.  Pumpkin spice and everything nice do entice...but I like my summer.

I'm hoping to get some pictures of the babies together today.  I'm very excited.  The last party here, those babies were tucked into tummies, now they've arrived, such miracles.  

I'll leave you with some oldies...the five girls in a row in five years...they're now 21, 22, 24, 25, and 26. 



Have a really good day!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Have an awesome day, Della! And not to rub it in, but I doubt we have any cold weather soon here in Florida ((ducking, grin)).

Terri D said...

Always good food and fun!! Lots of memories to collect!! xo