summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

thank you!

 I am very thankful for you all, and your prayers!  I am heading to Delaware this Friday to spend the weekend with Ab, we have big plans to do nothing but relax.  

This fine morning, I decided to clean the nice Weber grill I bought from Marketplace in the spring.  The grates and the metal tent things that go over the propane lines, I washed in the sink.  (It was a very messy job!).  Then I put a huge bowl lined with a trash bag on the shelf under and scraped all the debris down the center hole into there.  It was also a messy job.  Then Dawn Power Wash, some scrubbing with a big bowl of hot water, and it's much better.  I wiped it down on the outside, shined it all up, and it won't get that bad again. ha.

I've been sticking to my vow to bring at least a bag to donate every time Cam has class and we drive to the small city.  (ha, she's only been to two classes, but that's four bags out of the house!). Today, I have three.  Clothes I never wore this summer, and a whole bag of towels and dishcloths.  (I think the thrift stores can donate the cloth and get money for it...).  

I straightened shelves in the laundry room, did a load of random items, and vacuumed the living room.  I am sitting here in my comfy chair for a few minutes before I have to go get dressed and leave for Cam's class.  I will go to Aldi, I think.  Cam and I made a little meal plan, which includes that heavenly peanut chicken and her curry chicken.  

Yesterday, I puttered around and made a double batch of brownies.  Kathryn and Darius came over with Achilles, Rhys, Jamison, and Ellis.  (Ellis is just adorable, he's 18 months, he walks around and loves pushing a toy shopping cart or doll stroller, he comes over to me to sit with me, and grabs his nose, because he knows I ask him where it is.  He cuddles and endures a few songs and some this little piggy, then he scrambles down and gets busy again.  

Sam and Grace came with Grant, Ruth, Maeve, and baby Samantha, who is scooting all over on her tummy.  She isn't quite crawling yet, but she gets where she wants to.  

Mariel came over too, she brought a big bowl of fresh cut fruit.  I grilled burgers, hot sausage, and hot dogs, and put two big pans of fries in the oven.  Have I ever mentioned how thankful I am for paper plates?  Not the traditional white soggy ones, the better ones, which somehow I always have.  

Ah well.  I need to move it move it.  It's non negotiable to get out the door on time, she has to be on time for anatomy and physiology.  So off I go.  And again, thank you for all the love and good thoughts and prayers for Abigail and Derek and baby girl....(I see Ab sitting there rubbing her tummy as baby kicks and somersaults, and my soul!  I plead with God.  Deep in my heart, I know that He causes all things to work together for our good, and sends things for our very best, and that is comforting....). You all have a really good day, enjoy it and do all the good you can!

No comments: