You know, I am working on getting pictures back on the blog. Well, every time I sit down and write, I think, oh yeah, I need to ask Margaret how to get photos on here again! I have googled and asked AI, but have gotten lost in the process of trying. So you'll just have to bear with the writing, and use your imagination!
This fine day, this wonderful day, I had no plans. The girls were gone for most of the day, and Paul was busy installing a new water softener. Our water was shut off for a while, so I decided to stay out of the kitchen, I mean, who wants to bake when there's no water?
I washed some windows and cleaned up the deck. I bagged up some clothes I never wore this summer, to donate. My rule: at the end of the season, if I haven't worn something, it goes. But sometimes, if I really like it, I'll give it a second chance. :). I have so many clothes, but never ever anything to wear. harrumph.
I vacuumed the floors and sorted various things, put autumn-y covers on the counter stool cushions. Then Sonja and Oscar came over with Kaia. Oscar had school work to do, as did Char and Cam when they came home. Kaia likes wandering around and seeing if she can spill my seltzer or escape to the deck. Orange Guy jumped on her, begging for food I think, because she was near the closet...he gave her a few scratches, and I was so mad at him. (they weren't bleeding, and he wasn't attacking, he was just trying to get her attention, not realizing she is just one year old and isn't going to open the closet and scoop out cat food).
Paul was going to make some smash burgers, and didn't have any cheese slices, so I drove to town in his new truck and got some, along with some burger buns. Paul browns them up on the Blackstone, mmm, but I skipped one this time, have to watch those carbs. Because, after dinner we went to get ice cream!
Our regular place was closed, so we drove to the new Byrne Dairy, and wow were we disappointed! The ice creams were TINY! They looked like little baby cones! It was good, and I actually think it was enough for me, but still. We won't be doing that again. We did have fun though, with our two girls still at home in the back seat. I think both Paul and I know that these little outings are numbered, with the girls being almost 19, and 20.
The weather is absolutely glorious! It's 58 degrees tonight, with sunny skies and 75 degrees forecast for tomorrow. Beautiful sleeping weather! It would be a wonderful night for a fire in the propane fire pit on the deck tonight, but alas, the girls are doing school work...
So there is a challenging situation I've been wanting to write about, but as with all trials my grown children experience, I'm not always sure what's my story to tell. But here it is. Abigail (our second oldest) and Derek are having their first baby this month, which is a joy and blessing. Baby girl has some issues though. She has skeletal dysplasia, which means her bones are not growing properly. The concern is that her ribs are very small, making it hard for the lungs to develop. It isn't clear if she has enough lung growth to breath on her own or survive outside the womb. She is coming to join us in this world in a few weeks, and I plan to be there in Delaware, when she's born.
We're not sure what to expect, but the God of miracles does have us in His hands, and not a sparrow falls without Him knowing. I am praying for that baby girl to be born and be able to breathe. But I don't know the big picture, and God does. I pray for clarity for Ab and Derek, that they have wisdom and peace about whatever decisions they have to make. I pray for strength for us to be able to bear whatever comes with this birth.
I'll be heading down to Delaware this coming weekend to spend time with Abigail, then the next weekend for her baby shower, then I'll stay there until the birth. Keep them in your prayers, please.
I'll end here for tonight...you all have a good night. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment