Do you all remember Calvin and Hobbes? If not, do yourself a favor and just go order some and read them, comic books. They used to run in the Sunday paper, written and illustrated by Bill Watterson. One time Calvin ordered a new hat, a beanie with a spinny propeller on top, from the back of the cereal box. He had grand illusions of being able to maybe fly a little bit...he waited and waited at the mail box for that thing to arrive, but it was just a stupid hat!
Anyway. My new vac/mop was supposed to arrive next week while I'm gone, but it updated and was coming yesterday! I waited with one ear open for that delivery truck all day! It came at 8:40 p.m.! I dragged the box up the stairs, opened it up, Cam helped me snap the pieces together, and boom, I was in business. It was only partially charged, but wow, did it do a nice job. It exceeded my expectations, seriously.
When the battery was dying, the voice said to return to dock to charge. After half hour of charging, I pushed the cleaning button, the water heated up and it cleaned the roller, then dried with hot air. I had to dump the dirty tank and rinse it, but that was not difficult. This fine morning, I couldn't wait to use it.
Paul said first thing, "Are you going to use your new toy?" Indeed. Indeed I am. Since this is the lower end model with only like 40 minutes of run time, I wasn't sure what to expect. You know I did lots of research before pushing that BUY button, and there were varying opinions on how long it would clean for, ranging from 15-35+ minutes.
Turns out, when you don't have a cord to deal with, it doesn't take all that long to vacuum/mop most of this floor of the house. It didn't die on me. I finished up, and it even had enough charge to begin the cleaning cycle right away.
I'm not saying this machine works miracles. But it is so light and effortless, I have never imagined I could vacuum and mop at the same time so easily. I hope it lasts! For what I paid, I am super satisfied. It was on Amazon for $179.99 with the extra rollers, $169.99 without them. Roborock F25GT, a basic model, which ran for more than enough time for me. It's lighter than the better ones, too.
You know I don't get one penny for touting this, I have never monetized the blog and don't intend to.
Anyway, such an exciting life, right?
This fine afternoon, I will be going into the city with Miss Cam, so I need to move it move it and get some things bagged up for the thrift store! You all probably imagine my house like this hoarder's den, but believe me, it's not. I don't like clutter and the table tops are all clear, it's just things that have piled up in unused rooms, and extra bedding and towels, and old clothes, books. Back when 18 of us lived here, we needed all that extra bedding, and oh the towels and washcloths...! Some of the kids took all their stuff when they left, but some left some, and then there are tools and paint, a random backpack, hockey skates, and old curtains...shh, I might be running out of stuff for the thrift store soon, ha.
There are three bags now packed up and ready for donation: lots of random toys, shoes, throw pillows I don't like anymore...a bag of movies and d.v.d.s...
Kathryn and the kids are coming over tomorrow for dinner, I'm making crock pot chuck roast with potatoes and carrots, and I can't wait. It's been so long, and I'm so in the mood for more cold weather food.
And....now it's "tomorrow night". I had a fun and exciting day! This fine morning, I cleaned my ears. Well, imagine my surprise and distress when I removed the store brand cotton swab, and the end was missing. Uh oh! I grabbed the tweezers, and asked Paul to do me a favor. He shined a light into my ear, and couldn't even see anything in there, it was so far in. dang.
So, off to Urgent Care I went. It was a gorgeous drive, trees waving in the breeze, leaves just starting to turn, some floating down on the neighborhood sidewalks in the village south of here. Embarrassment: mmm hmmm. The nurse told me they had a little girl in last week who put a bean in her ear, because she wanted ear plugs. "At least cotton will come out easier!" The doctor came in, also a young woman, and thought it was quite funny. They worked together and pulled out little bits, then finally, whoa, came the whole end. I mentioned not buying cheap swabs anymore, I have a big package of real Q-Tips, I am only using those from now on. No, they said, getting things out of ears is fun, don't throw away those off brand ones!
Anyway. It was a beautiful day, 70 degrees and breezy, and I was right next to Walmart, and I needed a gift bag, so in I went. I did wander and meander, and ended up with a seven dollar dress, that I did try on first. After going through the check out, I noticed a text from Sonja...Mom, are you in Walmart? How on earth did she know? I called her. She was parked right near me and recognized my car. I went back to the baby department to see her, and Oscar, but shh, mostly little Kaia!
Home...ahh, home. I washed some dishes and got the chuck roast seared in a pan with onion chunks, and into the crock pot with beef broth and garlic and rosemary. I chopped carrots and red potatoes, and put those in too, with some gravy packets. I used my new toy and vacumed/mopped the floor...then sat down and put the feetsies up...but not for long! Kathryn forgot to tell me she was leaving and was on my road! I hurried out the door again, to go to the library with her and the kids.
I pushed myself in the library, and was fine. I followed Ellis around as he pushed a little shopping cart and went up and down the steps of a big canal boat for kids to play on.
We stopped for some chicken nuggets, and then home, ahh, home. I put some frozen fries and mini corn dogs into the air fryer, with some extra chicken nuggets, and the kids were happy. They played in here and outside, then Kathryn had to leave. Sonja and Oscar came over with Kaia, and we had dinner...it did come out delicious, it's always nice to transition from summer foods to colder weather fare, when it's new and novel for the season.
Now I have to pack...we're leaving here in like 10 hours, first thing in the morning. I have my gift all packed up, and some snacks, but my clothes are all over my bed...I got things out between Kathryn leaving and Sonja coming...now Paul is home from hunting, and I have to pack up before he decides to go to bed and turn out the lights.
I'm going to the baby shower tomorrow with Sonja, Kaia, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Mariel is driving with Molly, Rosi, and baby Emilia. I will be staying with Abigail and Derek, they check into the Ronald Mc Donald house on Monday evening, I will be staying at an Airbnb with Paul and Emily...Tuesday morning is baby time.
Phew I am tired! You all have a good night, and I'll talk to you one of these days!

1 comment:
Calvin and Hobbes are absolutely the best. We have a bunch of his books.
I'm so glad your vacuum exceeded your expectations. Now you have me thinking!
Guess what? I had the same thing happen with a q-tip. And since then, I too, only buy the name brand.
Praying for a lovely shower and for all of you next week.
Post a Comment