summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 1, 2007

a day with the littler ones

Seven of the oldest kids went to a youth conference for the weekend, and the 18 year old was at work. Then daddy and Marg (10) and Kathryn (9) went to help with the snack bar there. So that left me with Evelyn, 8, Suzanne, 6, Sonja, 5, Jonathan, 3, and Charlotte Claire, 15 months. We had french toast for dinner!! Then we had some baths and showers, stories, and rainbow licorice. Evelyn came out for an extra hug, and said what a nice time she had tonight. The oldest four share a bedroom, and they went to sleep almost immediatly tonight! I guess this all means they like my attention, which they obviously get less of when the older ones are around.

Charlotte Claire spent her first night in her own room last night: Mommy didn't have to get up with her at all!! Only 9 weeks and a few days 'til the next one comes to room with mommy and daddy...

Mr. Kitty just came over and said hello, purring like crazy. His real name is General Thunder. His sister is KittenForce. We got them around mother's day, and they are about 5 months old. Mother's day was wonderful: after 5-6 weeks of spotting and bleeding and thinking I was miscarrying, I had just had a sonogram that showed an active little baby in there!! And two sweet little kittens too!!

This baby is so active!! I hope to find out what it is on Thursday. I have my second sonogam. I get to be NOT HOME on the second day of school...the poor kids. They'll be in good hands, but I have to make sure to listen to their stories when I get home that afternoon-evening....

No, it is not impossible to have so many kids, but it is definitly a sacrifice - no, not one sacrifice. A whole series of them. I literally have to give my life for them. And when I do that, it is nice here. They are SO funny: Let them pour their own syrup, you've made their day.

No comments: