summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

the school days go on and on.....

Eleven days of school so far...only 169 to go. Joe missed today, first kid to miss this year. Every night, after dinner, I am tired. But clothes for tommorrow, lunches, homework, little projects, forms to sign....No wonder I love summer. Six kids go on first trip at 7:30, then the four little girls at 8:30....What a sigh of relief when they get on that bus!!! Not because I want them to go-oh no, I want them here!! It's just that it's so crazy getting their hair brushed, finding the right footwear, ect.....Then the quiet begins. Jon likes to play with his trucks in the morning, while I do what I can before Charlotte Claire starts yelling. Jon loves to go climb in her crib with her...she wakes up just so happy.

Who in their right mind would go on an outing to Wal-Mart with Jon and Charlotte, 6and 1/2 weeks from their due date with baby number 16??? I mean, this woman can't even lean over. Well, I did this today. Let's just say I survived. And I decided I'll never do this on my own when baby is born!! The kids loved it, though. Of course Charlotte's new dolly and Jon's little toy bike helped!

Gramma and Grampa: I don't know what kind of baby this is yet. I have to get both kinds of clothes out. Also, Price-Chopper is having a gas special: For every $50 you spend, you get 10 cents off a gallon. So, I've gotten three fill-ups of $60 worth of gas for under 25 cents. Plus, Em got two fill-ups. It was quite funny actually: She came home all happy, because she didn't realize how much off per gal. she had on her P.chopper card! So she filled her tank, $1.80 off per gallon!! I told her she had MY P.Chopper card! And that I was going to kill her. But it WAS funny, that it didn't occur to her how she could've accrued so much off per gallon herself....I didn't kill her, either. And: I bought a hot tub. These sore aching muscles...and the kids going nuts in the house in the winter...Dave L. put in a sidewalk, 6x8, and Paul built an adjoining deck, 8x8, to put the tub on, right out the back door. We just have to wait for Bob to come wire it. I SO wish you could see how nice it looks. I really miss you guys....

No comments: