summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 7, 2007

hot humid day

It was a scorcher today! Charlotte Claire and Jonny had so much fun in the little pool. She doesn't mind getting soaked, and water in her face is fun for her. Jon is a bit more reserved. But the water is so warm, the sun so hot, and a nice breeze. I put my chair right next to the pool and put my feet in. Go ahead and splash me, kids.

Dinner tonight: I went in the big pool with some little girls. Molly put the chicken on to boil, then Em put it on the grill. Aaron made the macaroni and cheese while I made a salad, and Molly set the table. Everyone crowded around the table (two tables put together, one oval and one rectangle) except Mariel, who was running. Em cooked some carrots for Charlotte Claire, and she really ate the chicken well. Joe has to write a paper on the most signifigant events of the last ten years. I suggested the invention of baby carrots. Em thinks the Harry Potter books, which positively impacted the reading habits of pre-teens. Joe thinks maybe the death of Kurt Cobain, which meant the end of awful music.....Our table is a very interesting place. Charlotte Claire screams and shieks for things, pass this, pass that, do NOT burp at the table! They had to all be out the door by 7:00 for childrens activity club, hurry! I am mean, I make them clean up first. When everyone pitches in, dinner for 16 is cleaned up fast.( Ben is at college)

Just daddy and I are home with Jon and C.C. It is very quiet.

No comments: