summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 8, 2011

high risk pregnancy?

Yesterday I was reading a book called, "High Risk Pregnancy". It was discarded from the college of nursing library, and Emily brought it to me. Paul saw me reading it and asked, "Are you high risk?" Well, duh!

I have had lots of babies, so I am a "grandmultipara", which is for some reason not as revered in the medical world as it is in mine. I am old. I don't know how my blood pressure is, but it was on the high side a few months back. I am still overweight, despite those 36 pounds I so painfully got rid of. I had to have pitocin to actually get the last few babies out, so my uterus is probably not at it's peak anymore.

I found out on Saturday that the movers were coming today, finally, to pick up all of Ben and Ashley's stuff. I absolutely have to be here when they come, and show a picture I.D.. So I thought I might miss the nurse's visit I had set up for this afternoon. Then, I woke up in the middle of the night and could NOT fall back to sleep for anything. I thought about baby names, I thought about organizing the kids rooms, I thought about back-to-school shopping. Then when Paul was getting up for work, I was just starting to doze and blah, remembered the movers were coming...I had to get up. I got up and got dressed, and: the moving company called and said the the truck lost lights in Massachusetts and had to wait 'til daylight to find a repair shop...so tomorrow is the day.

So here I was, up and dressed and exhausted...so I took Rosie on her walk, then came home and made my oatmeal and coffee, and here I am. I want a nap. Being tired is something that I haven't had to deal with in the last few years like I did for all those previous years with babies getting up in the night. Here it comes again. But yay, I can't help getting so excited. Even though I have read more than I should have online, and it looks dismal. Pregnancies after 45 have a 75-80% chance of miscarriage...

The girls have strong opinions about baby names. Mirielle says they get to name this one, Mali says no way, it is Mom and Dad's baby, they get the final say. hmm. Seems like I have been saying, "duh" on here alot lately, but DUH. I mean, "Avalon" is a lovely name if you like naming your child after a publishing company. Don't waste your time telling me it's important meaning. And if you like "Julian" so much, I'll be kind and save it for you to use someday. The only one I suggested was "Neil" for a boy, then I realized I would have Camille and Neil, nah. It is fun though, never thought we would be able to do this again.

So much for cleaning the house before they came home. blah. Mirielle and Aaron did so kindly go to the laundrymat and wash all the bedding. Lots of it goes in the camper, so it is sitting here in bags. And the little girls missed their dollhouse stuff, they had to get it out to see it. Oh well. Such is my life.

6 comments:

ccc said...

A friend of mine just three weeks ago had her 12th baby at age 46. No problems, baby is great. If she can do it, so can you! Being tired is a good sign that baby is growing.

Martha said...

Ah, the Name Game! We crossed of names like Neal and Camille and the rhyming last name would be a bit much. Celeste was also discarded when we put it with our last name, not that I liked it anyway...

I was gone for the weekend and have not caught up on my "imaginary" friends yet, but am a little afraid of being "caught" on the computer at 11 am.

Karil said...

Hey Missy...STOP reading that stuff. Remember, like you said, its in Gods hands. Just try to keep excersizing thru your pregnancy, it will help with the blood pressure. Enjoy this mom of 17! :)

Mary Kate said...

Listen, that 75%-80% miscarriage statistic is highly skewed by the fact that, nowadays, so many women over 45 are using fertility treatments to get pregnant and most of those treatments can cause miscarriages. You have gone "the old-fashioned route", so I wouldn't pay too much heed to the stats. (I know it's hard NOT to!)
SO glad you are feeling so positive about everything! I LOVE happy news!!

Mom said...

Wow--I haven't read blogs in about two weeks and look at what I have missed! So excited for you. I am praying right now and adding you to our list. Blessings to you sweet lady. I know how excited you must be. :-)

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, good thing you were thinking, that would have been too funny, the Celeste thing! And ha about being caught on the computer!

Okay, I shall sort of try to stop reading the negative stuff...It IS in God's hands.