summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

summer time is the life for me!

Yesterday was rainy and stormy, and the kids got a bit wild. Everyone who could be home was home (Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, Mali, Samuel, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja K., Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. And me.) It was like a winter day, all the energy and the confinement, but it was also cozy. I, being the nut that I am, cleaned up a nice stroller (Inglesina Zippy)(I have the bassinett for it, brand new and sweet) that I hadn't had the heart to get rid of, one that had gotten dusty and musty downstairs. Washed the cover, shined up the wheels, it is like new again. I am sure Paul loved walking into our room and finding it sitting there. I couldn't fold it up because the cover was drying. The older kids were saying, "Mom's crazy." I think a few of them think I am unwise to get so excited when things could go wrong. But...

Anyway, the rain cleared up in the afternoon, so I took Rosie for a walk with Jon, Char, and Camille. Camille always gets tired when we are all the way down the road, there is no way I can carry a 30+ pound almost-4-year old. So she does the walk-really-slowly thing...

Last evening, the older kids were watching, "The Office", so I took the younger ones in their room and helped them dress a whole pile of naked Barbies. It is beyond me why they take the clothes off them all anyway. The two little girls are doing quite well sharing a room. (ha, Paul and I finally got our room to ourselves....) After coming home from camping, I figured they were used to sleeping together in the tent.

I am thinking of calling my old dr. to see if he can see me, just to see how this pregnancy is going. If we see a heartbeat, I can go on rejoicing, if not, I can start dealing with it.

We also need to go shopping. The milk is less than half a gallon, there is no salad stuff, we are running out of cereal.

Summer vacation is over for my three nursing school students. They left together this morning to start orientation. The car they drive is on it's last leg, so we are buying them something that they shall pay us back for when they graduate. They are driving all the way into the Big city every day, so they need something safe and reliable. Joseph will be driving to college in the small city, so he needs to drive the better junker.

I talked to my son Benjamin last evening for a few minutes. He says it is miserable in that California dessert. 106 degrees during the day. He says they still do lots of work, and lots of training. He has a group of guys he is responsible for, they ask him for things like Tylenol and Band-aids, and they call him, "Doc". He seems to really like that part.

Just got the call from Gramma, she is coming over. This morning went from Sitting Around and Relaxing, Knowing I Have Things To Do to: Actually Getting Up And Doing Lots Of Work Fast.

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

girl you write so much I can't even keep up with your blog! At least I have something good to read. Have an amazing day :-)

Cinnamon said...

been praying for your benjamin. it is hot in that CA desert but at least it is not humid. my husband was there last year training to go to afghanistan. soooo glad he is home safe.

been praying for peace for your worried heart~

~cinnamon
baby is nursing right now so i only have one hand to type, hence no capitals :-)

joysautismblog said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I've read your blog for quite a while and I would always hope to read an announcement when I came by. We moved recently and I haven't been on the computer but I popped on today to see this news. I'm so happy for you!!