summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 12, 2011

new tires and company for dinner...

Yesterday when I finally got my rear in gear and started doing some cleaning here, Paul called and asked me to take the minivan into Walmart for two new tires. Around the same time, Emily texted me and asked me if she could bring a friend from Ottowa for dinner, a nice girl from a nice family, in our church. So...I did a few things while Joseph changed the leaky tire to the spare, then gave out instructions, and left with Joe and Jonathan.

Joseph drove. I hate when the kids drive. Doesn't matter if they are good drivers or not, I cannot keep my mouth shut, nor can I keep my foot off the phantom brake.

Walmart took forever changing those tires. I gave Joseph and Jon some money and sent them to get an Icee, so I could just walk around and browse. And buy socks and some Christmas gifts on clearance, and the makings for ice cream pie, and bananas and cherries and romaine.

Evelyn and Suze and Sonja and Olivia made four ice cream pies. They used sandwich cookies and real butter for the crusts. On top of mint chocolate chip ice cream, hot fudge, on top of "Death By Chocolate" ice cream, caramel sauce...then crushed fudge stripe cookies on both...I only had about a tablespoon, but then Camille left some on her plate...then Char did...rrr. I need to just leave the room next time. It was SO good, even after we had grilled steak and corn on the cob (blah, I had TWO.), and salad with tomatoes from the garden.

The three nursing school students are having a good time. People are asking them if they are triplets. One of the instructors remembers Emily, too, so they were asked how many they have in their family. When they told, it spread around rather quickly...they are kind of proud of it, but also don't like to be defined by it. Oh well. There are 108 students in their class, only five or so are boys, so Aaron is really a minority. Joseph is signing up to go in January, so there will be four of them going together.

I have library books due at a library a bit far from here, so I am thinking of taking these guys on an adventure...a nice playground, packing our lunch. Summer isn't going by any slower.

Why am I such a procrastinator? I have some phone calls to make, things to straighten out, yet I put them off, and when I finally accomplish them I feel like I have accomplished something! The other day I realized it was after 5:00, and I could no longer make any phone calls that day, and felt relieved. Why do I hate taking care of things? I do not know.

So perhaps today I will get those things done. And get those books back to the library. Have some fun. Forget all about worrying about what is actually going on with this baby...(is it growing and thriving, or has it failed to form? Is there a strong heartbeat and a healthy little body, or is there just the sac, and sadness awaiting me? I can't help but wonder....the suspense is killing me. yet, here I am, alive and well...)

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

((((( Hugs)))) i hate the waiting. From someone who has had so many loses myself they suck, especially when you want a baby so badly. Do you have a doppler? If not I would rent/but one. You can get them on ebay cheap now.

ccc said...

I know that the suspense of not knowing can just eat up all thoughts! At least you and I have a bit of distraction during the day. lol

16 blessings'mom said...

Cindy, Ben is stationed in Ft. Lewis, Washington state. Far far away from New York. He is training in California now, in the dessert, for climate acclimation for Afghanistan. He has been placed with a mortar support group, and from what I understand, will ship out with a group of Special Forces, maybe before Christmas. And yes, I have distraction!