summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 17, 2013

a quick post this fine morn....

I looked out my kitchen window this morning, and oh such beauty. A much better view than when I stand there and look down at the overflowing sink.

This morning I cleaned up this and that, but my goodness I get distracted. I used to get distracted by babies and toddlers, now I get distracted by things like:

1. Mr. Kitty Kitten. He loves to be scooped up and held, he purrs and snuggles. I have scooped him up like five times today.

2. The magnets on the refrigerator. I wrote, "TMI JONS SMELLY", just to see what he would write back.

3. The dogs. They are so funny. When I pet one, the other one wants to be pet too. Duke is a whiner. He whines like crazy when I give attention to Suri.

So my laundry room is clean, but I have lots of loads of laundry, all sorted into the proper hampers, to wash. I have been working on that, and that means lots of socks to match, lots of clothes to fold and put away. It is nice to see the floor in there. Char and Camille came home from school yesterday, and were dancing around in there marveling at, "the pretty floor, mama!"

I am going to Wal-mart with my brother in a few minutes. My brother and his wife have ten kids, all grown up now, just a few still at home. He is retired from his real job, and now babysits for a few of his grandchildren. Today he will have his two month old granddaughter with him. He is what I call, "The Good Kind Of Grampa". He gets a kick out of the kids, gives them the time of day, loves them, appreciates them, spoils them yet is firm with them.

And now I really need to get up and get moving so he doesn't have to wait for me.

Oh, if you want to read something really really good, go to www.brunstad.org. and read the article on being anxious.

No comments: