summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

out and about with sonja k......

Okay. Pretend you have eleven daughters. And just say that five of them were born in five years, and the youngest of those five said she had nothing to wear. And just imagine if you realized so extremely clearly that she needed some attention! What would you do?

Of course! Shopping! We went to the dreaded mall. She got a nice pair of boots, and a dress for her cousin Ellen's wedding, which is going to be on Sonja's birthday in the spring (half off the clearance price). She got a few more things here and there, and we stopped for coffee for me, cocoa for her. We then went to two grocery stores...and stopped to get gas (almost 18 gallons for $31! it pays to spend lots at the store and get gas points)

And, now I have to get going again, Mali's car is done and off I go to pick it up....

3 comments:

Tereza said...

It's amazing how this always happens.... Suddenly one will have nothing to wear... And you realize that oops it's true! Those are fun shoppig trips cause they are justified:)

Anonymous said...

And that sums up why you are such a good mum! You see past the complaint and dig deeper to see what the child really needs. Sonja K is a lucky girl!

Martha said...

Sometimes I feel spread so thin, like I don't give my grown up children or grandbabies the love and attention I would so like to lavish upon them and I have only seven children. So glad you had some time to spend with Sonja K.