summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 21, 2013

in which she finally meets martha....





It was a new thing for me, to meet up with a blogger-friend. I was a tiny bit nervous, because I can be shy, but Martha is very natural and friendly, and it wasn't awkward at all. And, she didn't kill me. When I told my son Joseph that I was meeting my friend Martha, he said, "Don't get murdered." So I didn't.

Of course when I got home from my nice outing, I had plenty of making-up to do. I had to sweep, again, there were dishes galore, even though Evelyn so nicely got home from school and did the dishwasher. When I started dinner, I was disgusted and dismayed to find that the chicken I was going to make was spoiled. It was dated the 24th, so it should have been good. I called the store, and the girl I talked to said in a sweet little sing-song voice, "Just bring it back and we'll replace it!" I talked to the manager next. He said that he had just gotten another call about bad chicken, so I wasn't the only one. He said to throw it out (thank you!), and just come in and pick out something and tell them that, "Mike said it was okay." Um, I know...just KNOW that this isn't going to go as smoothly as Mike seems to think it will. But I did feel better that he was listening to my concerns and not making me keep rotten chicken. I told him that I now had nothing for dinner, but he didn't offer to order me some pizzas.

Anyway. First World Probs, right?

I just made some other chicken I had.

And I went for a nice long walk. There was a sudden crash in the woods, and a doe came running out and crossed the road and into the woods on the other side, followed by a huge buck with big antlers. Sam wants to know How Many Points, but I have no idear. He was big, he was fast, and he looked like he might have been in love with that doe:)

My princesses are being silly. Extremely silly. They need attention, so I need to get moving and give them some before them make a big mess. Char is trying to put her feet behind her head, and tasting the bottom of her foot.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I am relieved Martha didn't turn out to be a murderer. She looks a little shifty in the first picture there...

I hate when something I plan to cook up for dinner turns out to be rotten and a rotten chicken will make your stomach turn... or at least it will make mine turn. Blech!

Princesses typically are pretty silly. :0)