summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

good morning!

I don't have much time to sit here today, as I am picking Evelyn Joy up from school at 10:30 for a very important date, a trip to the thrift store. It's Wednesday, there is 50% off three different tag colors on Wednesdays. She has been bugging me to take her there, and our evenings are quite booked these days. They have soccer on Mondays and Youth Meetings on Tuesdays, Activity Club (at church) on Wednesdays, usually cleaning on Thursdays, and Hockey or Anti-Hockey on Fridays. (They started a group for kids who don't like to play hockey, they do all sorts of fun things together). This Sunday is a field band competition at the Dome, at which Paul and I are both working for fundraising for church, so....our evenings are busy.

So today, I will pick Evelyn up early. She is an "A" student in 8th grade, and today her important classes will be done by the time I pick her up. I know, I know, I am doing her a "disservice", but honestly, when I wrote the note this morning, she was pretty happy. Quality time with Mom today, out and about. Maybe we will even keep the economy going by stopping for a coffee at DunkinDonuts...and maybe a little trip to the grocery store for more bananas and milk and yogurt. Maybe we'll go to the warehouse store for blueberries and candy and and and.

One true statement: Life is short. It goes by too fast. Today is all any of us has. It doesn't give us permission to live recklessly, because tomorrow might just come:) But. Enjoy your day! Be good to whomever comes your way! Forgive and forget, be good some more, even if you pretty much know someone doesn't deserve it. Give, and it will be given to you! Let go of grudges, don't give in to miserable, judging, dismal thoughts.

Life is one long series of tests. In the hidden places of my heart, in my thoughts, I need to be pure and good. God sees this, He blesses accordingly.

My kids are growing up, but I still have these things to deal with. Yesterday Joseph came home from work early because he had injured his eye. He looked at me and asked what he should do. Then Mali fainted while she was in watching a C-section, and her instructor said she had to go see her cardiologist again. So I talked to her. Mostly I am just the Complaint Department for minor aches and pains, and the Request Department (Mom, I have no undershirts! I need more folders! My winter coat, I wore for two winters, and I can't wear it again! Mom, do we have any chocolate hidden anywhere?)

So life is still busy enough.

And I have to get moving!!!!

4 comments:

Martha said...

I did my kids the great disservice of homeschooling. Look at all the money I took out of the school system! But then again we were still paying taxes so everyone else's children could get a "good and proper" public education.

I still love that you spend so much time and love being with you children. You are doing a good job and without your input the school system would just have another child to put up with and try to feed and discipline. Time is fleeting, love and cuddle them while you have the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about how we shouldn't give in to dismal, judging bad thoughts toward others. I needed that today and believe you were suppose to tell me that. Your love for your family shines through your posts.
Jeanette

Unknown said...

I've been following your blog since Char was born. I just wanted to tell you congrats again on the birth of your grandaughter and share with that on the 20th my daughter had my first grandaughter(I have 3 grandsons), her name is Charlotte Claire (we call her Charlie).

16 blessings'mom said...

Jeannie, congratulations! I love the name, I just told our Charlotte Claire, and she thinks that's really cool. When we went to Florida and visited Gramma who has cable t.v., they got hooked on a show called, "Good Luck Charlie", a Disney show. The baby is named Charlotte, Charlie for short. It is very adorable, and I wouldn't be surprised if we start calling Miss Char, "Charlie", too. Jeanette....I'm glad you read what you needed to hear today. God gives us just what we need when we seek Him. Martha...yup. I think I give my kids more attention and love and they learn more on one day off, than they do in a month at school, and we have an excellent school.