summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

and, a quickie....

Miss Camille and Miss Char, got new coats. They aren't super-warm winter coats,but they are warmer than sweaters or sweatshirts. We have lots of in-between days, so they will get alot of use, and they were of course on the clearance rack.

My friend Stevie went to Norway for the weekend for a Brother's Conference, and he brought me back a present! He is such a nice kid! I gave him money to buy me one, and he brought me two, "because you are a sweet old lady", he said to me.

Last evening, I picked up Mali's car and the mechanic told me I had to drive it for 30-40 miles to get the gauges to set, to make sure everything was fixed properly. Sam just happened to have pre-ordered a video game that was now ready to be picked up in the small city, so off we went, on an impromptu outing. We stopped on a whim and got ice cream. The ice cream place in town has soft pumpkin ice cream. Sam got a hot fudge sundae, but I got the pumpkin cone. Oh why oh why does it have to be so good? I have heard one theory that if you imagine your favorite foods with spiders or ants in them, you won't want them anymore. But my mouth has a good memory and I can't fool it.

Dang those whims.

Anyway, we had a nice drive. There is never air in the conversation, with Sam. Or me, I guess.

And this fine morning, I have to take Jonathan to the dentist. Since we are driving all the way to the small city, I am going to stop into the warehouse club for blueberries, and a snack for activity club tonight. Cheese and crackers and pepperoni. I have to be out the door in nineteen minutes, and Jon isn't up yet, Bad Mom Award. And here I sit, so goodbye for now. Make the most of the day, I know I will!

1 comment:

Martha said...

You deserve a gold star, Mom!