summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 17, 2014

in love....

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The snow gives the house that lighting that only the reflection of snow outside can give, and with it comes a holiday spirit. I get as excited as the kids do. We have big plans for this season! We want to go to the science museum and watch, "The Polar Express" at the IMAX.

The kids went outside to play already.

Jonathan made pancakes, they are having cocoa, wearing their slippers, and checking the weather online. It is warming up to rain today, but getting drastically colder this week. I am not ready for winter, although I am super glad I found the girls some adorable snow boots from the thrift store a few weeks ago.

Kitty wants to go out:) she can't.

The kids are talking about camping. Cam wished upon a star, and she wished that Dad could find a wrench to take her training wheels off her bike...and the next day, he found a wrench, and took her training wheels off! Her wish worked. Char got sand in her eyes once, and washed them out with lake water, and it came out! Charlotte Claire's tablet died on that camping trip when rain flooded the tents...oh joy. But we remember it fondly, forgetting the hanging of all the stuff and trying to dry things out. Of course for kids, this part doesn't matter anyway.

Anyway. It is chilly and bright and the space heater is humming. I got up and exercised this morning, and sent out the kids' homeschooling first quarter reports. I slept in cozily late though, with the girls all cuddled in bed with me. I had a terrible headache when I got home from the Dome...it progressed into one of those vice grip ones, then just pounded worse and worse. I haven't had a headache in at least three weeks, so I can't complain. But this one was rough. I took two ibuprofen before bed, but got back up to take an Excedrin. When I came out to the living room, I found this:



I don't know why I get such a kick out of the animals getting along with each other....

Anyway, I hate those headaches. It finally subsided, but when I woke up this morning, I felt that after-migraine slugishness...and was thankful I didn't HAVE to get up, although I should get up with the kids who go to Real School. Tomorrow I will.

We have yet to start our morning school work, although as we lay in bed this morning, I was explaining to Camille how to figure out how much something costs if it is a certain percent off. She actually caught on.

The kids are happy today, and I love it. I am very much in love with life today.

Sometimes I feel guilty saying I am happy. Life isn't equal for everyone all of the time, and perhaps right now friends or acquaintances are having difficulties, and here I am saying how glad I am. We all know there is a time and a season for everything under the sun...and today, I am happy.

I would be happier, I suppose, if I got on the scale this morning and it reflected how many times I denied myself something, instead of how many times I had just a taste...and then another taste. I would probably be happier if I won the lottery too, but we shall never know, since I don't play it.

And it's time to get up again and get moving on school.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I love your lovely post. Being happy, even when the sun isn't shining, is a wonderful thing.
:0)

Michelle in Florida said...

Happiness is a good thing. I love that you always try to see the good in everything:)