summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 9, 2015

snow day!!!!

Another snow day! Last Monday was also a snow day. The Snow Day Fairy must've granted a wish that all Mondays are snow days.

Children are waking up, I hear talking from the little girls' room. I have been up for an hour and a half...oh, exciting stuff...I washed dishes and swept the floor, cleaned up the plant that Bad Little Kitty knocked down during the night. That kitten is CRAZY. I picked up the empty package from that fresh Italian bread I bought yesterday. I thought there were four slices left after dinner last night, but something tells me the package didn't find it's way to the floor over near the door by itself. I suspect one big bad black lab named Suri. She is The Hungry Thing.

We have snow. It is taller than the mailbox now, and still sprinkling down from the sky. Right now it is coming down like rain. Yesterday, the flakes were huge and fluffy, filling that driveway up again right after we cleared it. I don't mind the snow when I can sit in my chair and look out the windows. But, Paul had to drive to work. My older kids all drive to work (Emily and Abigail and Mirielle and Aaron and Mali).

I drove in it yesterday. Jonathan didn't come right out and say that I was a Baby, but as my co-pilot, he hinted at it. See, he really really wanted to go to his little cousin's birthday celebration. Our destination: four miles north. But the gas station in town is closed on Sundays. And this vehicle I wanted to drive was seriously on "E". So we drove four miles south to the other town, got gas, then drove up to the birthday party. It was a joy, to see that small boy so excited for his friends and his presents and the snacks. I enjoyed seeing my sister, and my nieces, and friends. (ha, I crashed the party instead of just dropping him off and having to come back to get him later:)).

The ride home was where the fun began. It was really really snowing, and dark out. It was hard to see where the road was, especially because the windshield wiper on the driver's side was not working properly...there was a huge smear right in front of me, allowing me to see only if I scrunched down low and looked out over the dashboard. I was glad it was only a few miles, and I was happy to get home. Jon said, "See Mom, we're alive."

We had pulled pork for dinner, it had been in the crock pot all day. Yay me! I feel so accomplished when I know what's for dinner! We had it with green beans and the bread with butter. We re-watched the last episode of Downton Abbey, and had popcorn. Then the girls switched channels from, "The Hunger Games", which was on tv, and The Grammys, which were rather tasteless in parts...I mean, Madonna, really? She looks good for her age, I'll give her that. But. Then the newest episode of Downton came on, and we enjoyed that. I probably wouldn't even watch it if it was just me, but watching it with a living room full of us is fun.

Kids are emerging from their rooms now, all happy because.....it's a snow day!!!! That means there are nine of us here for the day instead of the usual seven...Paul is the only one who left the house this morning. I will be a good mom and get off of my computer, and talk to the kids.....

No comments: