summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 28, 2015

way back when and other important things...

Way back when I was 17....my senior picture...

Miss Char has a low grade fever today, and is feeling blah. She had Jon's winter coat on...our house isn't THAT cold.

Selfies with Sonja K. We had to wait for Paul in the car, at the airport...but did we get bored?


No, we did not.


I spend a few hours with a 12 year old, and I am twelve too.

Today, I cleaned my house. I woke up at 7:30, and nary a soul was around except for Kitty and the pups. I fed them and let them out and back in, then wiped down my kitchen cupboards. I have been getting that spring-y renovations bug lately, and have googled AND oogled kitchen cabinets that have been re-done...specifically, painted gray. I don't think I have the patience or the energy to do the whole thing though, or a sander:). So I decided to do what I CAN do to make the house nicer. I moved the microwave to a different counter, swept and mopped and sorted through piles of papers. I shined appliances and put things where they belong. I worked in that kitchen until at least noon.

I have ideas. I want to get rid of my red plaid couch and chair. I don't like the red in the living room, never did. I would like to recover them, but...I would also hate to. ha. If I could just snap my fingers.

I am thinking of a smaller couple of comfy chairs, in gray. Maybe a different rug, some different pillows on the couches...just to change things up.

We'll see. It is nice when I am motivated to do things around here. At least today I didn't have to leave to go anywhere.

Paul took me out to dinner this evening....oh it was nice. Kathryn deserves a million bucks, she stayed here and made taco salad for the younger kids while her sisters went out to a gathering. (Joseph is at a conference.) We went to dinner at a nice place in town, I had strip steak and fries and steamed veggies...carrots and broccoli. And split pea soup instead of a salad....it was hot and delicious. Paul had chicken breast stuffed with lobster. It was enough for like three people. We saved our leftovers, of course, and will have a nice lunch tomorrow, shared with lots of kids, of course.

The kids are all cozy in the living room watching a Barbie movie. Camille is cuddled up to Daddy:)

Abigail took Jonathan out to lunch today for their annual Valentine's Day date, a little late. I just get a kick out of how much fun they have together. And how none of the other kids said, No Fair.

It's good to have Paul home again, however briefly. I do like him:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were and still are beautiful. And from your writings, you are beautiful on the inside as well, which is more important.

I LOVE reading your blog, that tells how it REALLY is in a large family. Most others seem to glorify everything!

God bless you!