Me today...bathroom selfie at church...this is what I'm talking about...I need to lose and re-lose and get into better shape...ah well. Here's what's going on:
1. Today I found out that my oldest son Benjamin, the one who lives in Washington state, and was a medic in the Army...who stayed on in Washington as an apprentice in the HVAC program...is coming for a visit in June!!!! YAY! He is of course bringing his wife and little Anya, our granddaughter....it's like Christmas! (they're coming the week we are renting a huge camp on an Adirondack lake...right on the water....)
2. Today is Mirielle's birthday. She is my fourth child, one of my favorite daughters:), and she is 25. I was younger than that when she was born.
3. Tomorrow is my daughter Suzanne Eleanor's birthday. She is turning 14, which does NOT seem possible.
4. The power steering fluid leaked out of my minivan today. Tomorrow...instead of heading to the hotel in a city south of here to celebrate a 14th birthday with Suzanne, I will be bringing the minivan into the shop. I hope it is a quick and cheap fix.
5. Tomorrow Margaret has a job interview. Keep those fingers crossed.
6. Today was relatively warm, but not above freezing...tomorrow: frigid. The high: 6 degrees. And windy. And maybe a bit more snow.
7. Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I brought Paul to the airport this morning. He probably arrived in Florida by now, to spend a week...for work.
8. I ate a peanut donut this morning. I wasn't really even thinking, it wasn't a conscious decision. I just felt like I deserved it, I mean, hey, I just dropped my husband off at the airport...he's going to Florida! I can have a donut! So, I decided to never ever eat anything again for the rest of my life.
9. My lifetime of fasting ended at dinner. I broiled steak (Camille specifically asked for it today, we rarely have it as it has gotten so expensive). I sliced up a five pound bag of potatoes, tossed them in olive oil, and roasted them...and made a tray of sweet potato fries. I also roasted some cauliflower, for me. We had green beans, and some broccoli too. It was a fantastic dinner. I did not have dessert:)
10. Downton Abby was delightful tonight. Charlotte Claire and Camille are the biggest fans now. They like cuddling up and watching it with us.
11. Mali is doing better. Her morning sickness has decreased, and she heard the heartbeat with the doppler at her Dr. visit the other day.
12. I like my kids. They exasperate me, they worry me, they make messes and NEVER eat the chocolate and they never ever leave empty packages in the pantry. But I like them. They all pitched in and helped me get tonight's dinner on the table, and clean up again afterward. I like doing things for them when they have a positive and thankful attitude...which is getting better with them as they get older. Since I have pretty much 6 teenagers....counting Sonja K. who is 12 going on 17, and Samuel, who is still a teenager but All Grown Up in the Army....anyway, I deal with five teenagers on a daily basis. You never know what you're going to get. What was funny yesterday will get me a, "MOM, SERIOUSLY!!??", today. I won't even get into how their cycles synchronize. But I like them.
13. We need to get out of this house more. Or so it seems. The newest craze here is marathon Monopoly. Games go on for hours...the little ones play too, and sometimes they are just bouncing off the walls. Today, Camille was jumping on the couch, which is Not Allowed, and slipped and put her down the crack where the two sections come together...I thought it was Broken Leg Day, but my hair is clean, so she was fine.
14. Mirielle has a nice new car, she bought it last year...someone rammed into it in her driveway, and dented the door. Then the other night, a deer ran right into it when she was driving. She said it was running away, then turned and ran right into her car. Poor Mare.
15. Enough for now...goodnight!