summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 25, 2016

home from our nice weekend away....


With Sam...it's hard to say goodbye to him....he's such a good kid.


He is like a walking history book, and delights in teaching the kids. We visited the Marine Memorial monument.


Arlington National Cemetery is such a solemn place. Sam reminded the kids to be respectful there, and to behave themselves. It was a lovely day for a stroll, sunny skies and 70 degrees. There are leaves on the trees down in D.C., spring has arrived there.


Late night diner trip with Sam...Charlotte Claire, cousin Danielle, and Camille...


Jonathan at the Great Falls National Park...it was National Park week, so free admission.


Jon, Mirielle, and Sam.


Mirielle...




The Potomac River roaring...


There were streams that led to the river, fun to explore...

The ride home was long, road construction, and traffic. We came upon a motorcycle accident that had just happened, the ambulances weren't there yet, and oh dear I wish I hadn't looked. Under the bright blue skies of a sunny day...life is short. I don't know whether those two guys splayed in the road made it or not, but...

And now it is Monday. My three Real School kids are on spring break, so we stayed up too late last night and watched a scary movie, then I had to get up early to greet my little friend Annika. It's overcast and chilly today, but perhaps we'll venture outside anyway. I didn't get enough sleep, and would like to crawl into bed with a book, but I won't.

Jonathan turns 12 next Saturday (!), so I need to get him a birthday present. Maybe when he's at soccer tonight, I'll take the other kids out and about...






















1 comment:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Great photos Della!! What a good time you had.......Sam is such a good role model for Jon, and for the girls too for that matter. I'm glad you all had such a great time together.....very special.

Marilyn from Canada