summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens...


Camille...


This kitten was just purring...


Charlotte Claire...

So we had this new mini-winter during spring, but tomorrow, sunshine comes to central New York state...and stays for a few days, getting warmer each day...by Sunday, 70 degrees. It's too good to be true, and I'll believe it when I see it, but I sure hope it's true!

Yesterday I painted the inside of the kitchen door, then last night I decided to give the ugly brown laminated shoe organizer a coat of gray chalk paint. I already painted the end tables and the ceiling fan blades with the one six dollar bottle, and there was still enough to do the shoe thing. I gave it a second coat this morning, and then a coat of wax. It's not a lovely piece of furniture, but I'm not in a position to replace it right at the moment, so at least it looks better.

I plan to paint the outside of the kitchen door this week, and the aluminum screen door too. The bad dogs jump on it when they want to come in, and leave muddy paw prints on it...perhaps if I paint gray it will blend better.

My Walmart trip the other night netted new trim paint too, for around the doors outside. This sunny weather should be good for getting these things done. The front porch is just a block of cement, so I am thinking to paint that too....and this should be a good week to wash the front of the house...it faces north, and gets all mossy/green from lack of sunshine.

Yes, there's enough to do around here, along with the usual dishes and sweeping, laundry and meals...and teaching kids how to multiply fractions.

And, there are my little friends who come over to play, too. They like to get out lots of toys. This morning, Annika wanted to paint...I got out all the watercolors, and she painted for four minutes. :)

My girls got off to California, arrived safely, and are with their big brother Aaron. He's taking them to Long Beach for a few days, and to see the redwoods. I miss those girls, Kathryn and Evelyn, even though it's only been since yesterday morning. When you're used to having lots of teenage girls around, having only two (Suzanne and Sonja), it's different. Mirielle did stop for a visit last evening to help Suzanne with her French homework. And tonight, Mali is bringing Lydia over for a bit. So it's not like it's really quiet or anything...

So...all this painting and working and keeping busy...I like it, but oh it's nice to sit in my comfy chair and put my feet up sometimes, like right now. It's after noon, and I just finally drank my morning coffee, and yes, it was cold. I made French toast for the kids, but I haven't eaten yet.

Since I got up at 3:30 yesterday morning to drive to the airport, I was dragging yesterday...by bedtime, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Char and Cam both brought their favorite blankets into my big comfy bed, and we talked about fun things...poor girls, I couldn't keep awake to talk.

Well, time to get moving again. Annika wants more milk in her bottle, but I want to see if I can get her to eat something first. She didn't eat her French toast at all...

No comments: