summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 22, 2016

on the road again!!!!


Yes, I am in Washington, D.C.!!! Well, actually we are in Virginia right now, in our hotel...relaxing with Samuel, my Army son!




Jon, Samuel, Mirielle, then in the front, Charlotte Claire, cousin Danielle, and Camille...


With Mirielle...

So yesterday, after watching Emily win first prize in the category for prose, in the medical university's writing contest, and read her piece, (wah it was good!), and also listening to all of the other wonderful and inspiring and thought-provoking poems and stories...I had a talk with Mirielle...she had reserved a hotel room here, and was planning this trip to visit Sam, and the girls who were to accompany her couldn't go...so she asked me to come. Of course I will!!! The two little girls had cousin Dani spending the night, and we just happened to have room for her, and her mom and dad were okay with it, so yay!!! Little girls are very happy campers!

Here we are...seeing Sam is always a treat. He and Jonathan are stretched out and relaxed, talking about playing Air-Soft. Mirielle is doing homework, and the little girls are having tea with tons of sugar and cream, and donuts and pizza.

(Yes, I declined the cake yesterday. But today, donuts happened. But I did take a nice swim in the hotel pool, so hopefully I won't gain ten pounds...the donut shop was a heavenly place...with coffee...after traveling all day...oh dear.)

Anyway. I just wanted to check in....tomorrow, Shenandoah National Park....:)

No comments: