summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

surgery day....for sonja

There are a few things I'm thankful for this morning, one is arthroscopic surgery, making it possible for knee surgery to be a One Day outpatient experience. I'm looking for things to be thankful for this fine rainy morning...I was awakened at 6 a.m. by Duke, who also woke me up during the night:( Then Paul couldn't find his other set of truck keys, you know he has to always know where both are, ha, actually the tag for the gym is on the one still in my skirt pocket from last night...then Kathryn was texting from Norway, she just got there and is having a little bit of difficulty settling in...wow, a shotgun shot just rang out really close by...at 7:30 on a rainy morning...hmmm.

Sunny is destroying a pillow...I took it from her twice, she just got it again, and by the time I noticed, she had a large hole in it and was starting to remove all the stuffing. She killed it, ha. Now it's hers.

Yeah, so I tipped my purse over accidentally last night while driving Paul's truck...see, we ran out of kitty chow, so we drove into town, Sonja and I...we also went to visit Paul's mom for a bit...anyway, this morning I was making sure I had what I need for the day, and my wallet wasn't in my purse...then Paul texted me, and yeah, he has it...so, we have to leave earlier than planned, so I can pick it up at his work.

Sunny had fun at the vet yesterday...she hid under my chair. Her rash is possibly a flea allergy...the flea meds recommended by the other vet aren't used by this vet, they're ineffective. well, yeah. So Sunny has a new $58 flea collar...and dang, now I have to buy them for the other two dogs. If all goes well and her rash goes away, she'll be spayed in September.

And I had better get moving...surgery isn't something you can be late for!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Glad to hear that your surgery is going to be so easy. I am thankful that you did not lose your wallet. I have misplaced my in laws bank card and had to have the bank replace it.

Tereza said...

I just paid a 300$ vet bill for our little dog. sometimes pets are expensive!

16 blessings'mom said...

Carol, it was really easy for me, the surgery, ha, since it was Sonja who had it! But seriously, it's hard to see your kid suffer...:(
Tereza, yes, pets ARE expensive. We have fleas here outside, they're really hard to battle, and this collar is supposed to be the best defense, so of course I had to order one for Duke and one for Suri...so $175 for three flea collars. ugh.