summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 8, 2018

47 days until christmas?! and a trip to norway!!!

So much going on, then I find out that Christmas is coming in a mere 47 days! That might seem like a long way off to the younger ones, but when you start to get old like me, you know how time starts going by faster and faster.

16 kids, some husbands and wives and grand kids, lots of gifts! But, we do a secret Santa thing that's really fun. I've told the kids there won't be tons of gifts this year. The ones that still live at home (Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan (ha, poor Jon!), Charlotte Claire, and Camille) will get a pile, but Kap and Ev work, so what do I need to buy them? The ones who are on their own, I will get them a little something, and I already have gifts for the grand kids. I know their parents don't want them to get loads of stuff anyway. I want to keep it simple, simpler than in years past. I also reminded a few of them that the bedroom renovations are costly, and that is part of their gift. :)

I don't know about you, but I tend to think that a gallon of paint is cheap, then by the time you get the new roller covers and a new paint edger, and and and, it's like $80 bucks for two gallons of paint. Then you realize that you need to paint the ceiling too. I did the bathroom ceiling yesterday and let's just say that it's not my favorite, painting ceilings.

This morning, I made the mistake of sitting here in my chair after cleaning up and sweeping, now I need to move again, and get painting. I need to paint the walls, then do another coat of cabinet paint, then start on the counter top. I am so apprehensive, and I don't have a blow-torch, which is recommended for the Envirotex Lite. If anyone reading this has any experience using this top coat, please please please let me know! All tips and pointers are welcome!

Paul will be like, "I don't understand. Why do we need a blow-torch?"

Apparently it gets the bubbles out of the sealant/glossy top coat.

Anyway. I am hurrying to get it all done fast because that's how I am, I start a project, and want instant results. Plus, tomorrow we are leaving for a long weekend to Virginia/D.C. area to visit Sam, and it's the perfect time to cure that counter for a few days.

I can't go to the hardware store today, because yesterday Kathryn took the kids ice skating yesterday...

Kathryn, and Cam being silly...



Anyway, I was here watching little Anne, so I asked Kap to stop at Walmart after skating and get the ceiling paint and some half and half. Fast forward to this morning, and Kathryn is on a plane heading west to visit Aaron in Oregon, and oops, she still had my credit card. Evelyn drove her to the airport, and thankfully Kathryn discovered she had it when they were still in the van. But Evelyn drove straight to work, and alas, I have no card.

We celebrated Camille Anaya's 11th birthday just a wee bit last night, since she already had a party. Yesterday was here real birthday. We had a half price cake from the grocery store, but they said it was yummy.







This is Cam and Char from July when we rented that cabin for the weekend. Oh that sunkissed glow!


Sonja Kathleen lit the candles. Sonja is so funny. She is a delightful 16 year old, except for when she's being difficult ha.



Jonathan was hunting...isn't he huge for 14 years old?


This is my sweet daughter Mali (she's Lydia's mommy), with Lydia.


And the puppy with the kitty...I just love that they are friends.

And, I am going to Norway in March!!!! I am SO excited, going with three daughters: Emily, Abigail, and Mirielle, the girls who share a house together in town. They are so nice to bring their mama.

There's a lot of rambling on here today, and I am cozy and relaxed, but I know I have things to do, and Lydia will be awake any minute now...

No comments: