summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 1, 2018

all of the sudden boom, it's november...

The train of life chugs faster and faster through the days as I get older and creaky. My mind can't seem to keep up with the calendar's swiftly changing dates.

Our Halloween was very nice, very pleasant. Ben and Ashley came over with their two little girls, Lydia was here, so they were cranking with excitement.



Little girls love being princesses.


Char, Suze, Kathryn, Cam...


Evelyn and Suzanne...


Some people really go all out for Halloween.



Jonathan was with his friends, trick or treating then to one of their houses for pizza. The girls all went to a church party, where they sang karaoke and had pizza. Paul and I were here with just little Lydia after our trip to town, trick or treating. We had chicken wings, and Lydia dumped out her candy and pawed through it, all by herself except for Grampa and me. I let her stay up until the other kids got home. It's a far cry from years ago, when six or ten or twelve kids would be dumping out their piles of candy to trade and compare. I always enjoyed that part. I'm glad I get to spend time with Lydia. Her mama had to work bright and early this fine morning...so she spent the night last night, Miss Lyd.


I didn't dress up this year, but I did take a selfie with chicken wing sauce on my face.


(This is my grandson Grant, who lives in Virginia...I'll be visiting him next week! Isn't he cute?!)

We didn't always participate in Halloween stuff. Our older kids missed out on Trick or Treating. But somewhere along the line, it seemed that it's what you make of it, and kids really like dressing up...AND, most people really like giving out candy. If they don't, they leave their outside lights off, and we leave them alone. It was just simply fun, and the weather was gorgeous...warm, and just a few sprinkles. Kathryn and Suzanne took Char and Cam around, I stayed with Ben and Ashley and Mali and the two little girls, plus Elise in the stroller. The little girls would get such a kick out of each piece of candy in their bucket, and wanted to eat it all as we walked down the sidewalks.

Anyway...today is rainy, and cozy, I've had one cup of coffee and now it's time to work out...blah.:)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I can’t believe it’s november......and cold! We have about 2” of snow on the ground this morning. The little girls look adorable! I bet they had fun. Baby Grant is a cutie pie too. Bet you can’t wait to see him 🤗


Marilyn from Canada