summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

running around and coming home...

Today, I stayed home. Yesterday, I did not stay home. I set off with Char and Cam to Hobby Lobby. We had a goal, and didn't want to be out shopping all day, so we only browsed and dawdled a teeny bit. Hobby Lobby is intense. Everything in the store seems to be 50% off, but it's still way too pricey. However, it's fun to look at. I did buy a warm fuzzy blanket for ten dollars, and only a small box of the Envirotex Lite I was looking for. I needed 32 ounces, there were only 8 ounce boxes, and I only had one coupon. So over to Joann Fabrics we went. In order to find a coupon, I had to download the app, and while I was trying to do that, I noticed that Samuel had called three times, so uh-oh, what was wrong? He called again while I was wondering, he had gotten in a fender-bender, but it was all straightened out. Someone pulled out and hit him in the college parking lot. Never a dull one, I tell you.

Jo-Ann's had the 32 ounce box, thirty dollars, but $12 off with my coupon. We look around in there a bit, but didn't buy any junk, ha.

Then to the grocery store quick, no coupons, just some chuck roast and butter and half and half and and and.

Home...I started right in on the painting!!!! The trim: it had to be primed, then painted with enamel. Sounds like a quick job, but oh so tedious! I painted right through dinner, Suzanne made Chinese noodles, chicken in orange sauce, and broccoli for the kids. I painted until after 9:30.

See the ugly oatmeal color chalk paint on the cabinets? They were oak before that.

Now with primer:




I painted for an hour this morning, gave the cabinets the first coat of nice paint (the Sherwin Williams stuff I used on the kitchen cabinets, still have some left). I also gave the door another coat. No more brown wood trim in the bathroom!

Then this afternoon while Anne napped, I painted the ceiling. I HATE painting ceilings. It hurts muscles I didn't know I had. It drips. It soaks in so fast, I have to keep dipping the roller, trying like heck not to drip on the newly painted door. But, it's done.

Now, I have to paint the walls, spray paint the counter, then...apply the Envirotex Lite...it's a thick shiny finish that needs a few days to set, hopefully making my ugly burgundy counters look like brand new gray stone ones.

We'll see. I love doing this stuff but it's hard to fit it in, and now it's dinner time, it's Camille's real birthday, Lydia is here, Anne went home...it's busy. Other things slip, I get ache-y, but here's some good news: I have lost five pounds since starting to get serious again a few weeks ago. And, I have only missed a few days exercising. It's been a wimpy sort of work-out, but still. Push-ups are improving!

Anyway, I'm keeping busy. Tonight I am going over to Emily's house for a gathering, even though it's Cam's birthday, since we celebrated the other day. Right now we're having roast and carrots, and baked potatoes (I LOVE my crockpot!)...and a birthday cake. None for me!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

If I could find the motivation to do my work, I might get it done. I think your bathroom is going to be gorgeous!

16 blessings'mom said...

I am smack in the middle of it, and wondering why I ever started, with little smidgens of hope that it'll actually turn out nice, mixed in. The paint isn't going on like I want it to, and life goes on while I'm trying to paint, ha. I don't know if I'm going to get that countertop done by tomorrow, I am actually mildly terrified to mix up the top coat and pour it on, and I haven't even painted the counters yet. Anyway, I am going with the motivation, once in a while I am filled with it, it's like the nesting instinct, ha.