summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

pies and more pies...

Today is pie baking day at my house. I am not happy that it is also a fundraising for church basketball day at the college in the city, and my girls won't be here to help me make the pies. Jonathan is out hunting with Paul, and Kathryn has to work. But, Samuel and Grace are here with baby Grant! They arrived in the night, and are each sleeping on a couch in the living room. I crept out there looking for coffee, and shhh, they were asleep. We worked so hard to set up a nice room for Grace but I don't know what happened.

I want to start on those pies. I mixed up three quadruple batches of pie dough, so there are 12 disks of dough all wrapped up in the fridge, ready to be rolled out and filled with chocolate, apple, pumpkin...blueberry.

I am out of plastic wrap, and forgot to get milk yesterday. Dollar General, here I come.

It's snowy here in New York, and more snow is coming this afternoon and evening. Tomorrow, Thanksgiving day, our high temperature is going to be....20 degrees (-6.6c). brrrrr!

Our dinner tomorrow is going to be at Benjamin's house. He has a HUGE house. There will be around 40 for dinner. Our family, a few friends...we're going over in the morning, so we can help with things all day. 15 pounds of potatoes, which I am questioning, we may need more. 5 cans of cranberry sauce, a 21 pound turkey and a turkey breast...but there will be snacks before dinner, salami and cheese and chips and dips and veggies.

We are also having a thankfulness board, which Evelyn designed, so we can all write what we are thankful for. Our tradition is to go around the table and say what we're thankful for, but with so many at the table...

The kitty was gearing up to meow and I didn't want him to wake anyone, so I scooped him up and brought him to my room with me, along with my computer, but NO coffee!



The cat needs to chill and stop attacking the keyboard. He is a purry little guy though.

I think I'll sneak out there and see if they're waking yet...I need coffee and to start those pies...







3 comments:

An American Housewife said...

It's pie day here too! I'm procrastinating. That's why I am here right now. LOL. I have the pie plates on the counter in the kitchen calling out to me to fill them.... gah. Just not in the mood yet I guess.

You'll have to find out why those two are sleeping on the couch and not in the room. Do they not know you redid it for them and think that it's still one of the kids rooms so they can't sleep in there because it was already taken? So they assumed the couches were for them?

Carol said...

I am will be making pies later tonight as well. I am hosting Thanksgiving Dinner and I am quite excited about it being at my house this year, but I don't like cooking it.

Tereza said...

Happy thanks giving! Enjoy not having to host it at your house for a change :)