summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

in perspective...

Oh the things we can get all worked up about! I find as I get older, I am not more relaxed, but tend to feel more pressure than ever, to get things done. Ha, I recognize that I do need that, or I would be super lazy, but there has to be a middle ground. That's what I strive for. When your own kids tell you to relax, that means you are getting too edgy about stuff.

Yet, we are down to the wire on this bedroom reno here! Sam and Grace and baby Grant will be here tomorrow, actually in the wee hours of the morning, needing a place for Grant to lie down and sleep...and the bedroom has like ten square feet of laminate down. Paul worked on it last night and was having trouble getting the pieces to click together. He said he'll work on it again tonight, and I was like, "What's the hurry?" but I didn't say it. I'm glad he's on board and helping, he's been out hunting a lot and we've done most of the stuff around here without him.

You know how when you concentrate on one project, the whole rest of the house goes to heck in a handbasket? blah.

And, both vacuum cleaners are clogged.

There is stuff in the washer AND the dryer.

There are still toys all over the living room. (but shh, I think it's kind of nice.)

I need to move the furniture and clean...dog hair and dust and lost hair bands galore...

Christmas is approaching quickly. I need to take inventory of my present closet, and see who needs what. I did order some things from Kohl's yesterday...I already bought gifts for the grandkids, that's the easiest because I love toys. But they don't need too many, so I will restrain myself. We have our little chocolate calendars to mark off the days, it's so exciting.


My little girls are awake now, and little Lydia, who spent the night...all sweet and morning-y in her jammies...so bye for now...

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Good luck with the floor! It’s a big job for sure