summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 24, 2018

tomorrow is Christmas, it's practically here!

This year I can finally say, "For 53 years I've put up with it now, I must stop this Christmas from coming, but how?" (Dr. Seuss, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas)


And yes, that cookie has inappropriate gumdrops. YOU try decorating cookies with a boatload of daughters!


Char, Cam, and Kathryn...

Yesterday I stayed home, and baked...gingerbread cookies, peanut butter Christmas trees with the cookie press, and the Rice Krispie treats. It was a nice day, a quiet day, Emily came for a visit in the evening.

Paul went out into the woods at Ben's house, and came home with a....squirrel. I am not kidding. And yes, he ate it. No, I didn't try it.

Anyway. I need to scoot my lazy rear end into the kitchen and prepare a batch of cinnamon buns for tomorrow morning! We decided homemade would be better than those ones in the can. I am not planning to eat any anyway, but maybe a bite or two, on Christmas morning.

Ah well, Merry Christmas to all of my friends who read this, thank you for all of your kind words and nice comments...






6 comments:

Marilyn said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all Della! Your cookies look great......yummy! We had my husband’s family last evening for finger type foods and it was really lovely. Tomorrow we go to my daughter’s. Today I wrap.........no I haven’t done that yet....procrastinator.........so that’s my plan for today. Oh plus a doggie walk. Have fun tonight and enjoy your day tomorrow!!

Marilyn from Canada

Michelle in FL said...

That gingerbread though, ha ha!!! Too funny! ;) I'm making cinnamon rolls too, our Christmas morning tradition is a copycat Cinnabon recipe using real butter, and cream cheese frosting. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love homemade cinnamon rolls, but lately have been settling for Pillsbury in the can. Merry Christmas!
Valerie from Ohio

shellie said...

Merry Christmas from truro nova Scotia canada

Carol said...

Merry Christmas to you as well. I think those cookies look delicious even with the inappropriate gumdrops. LOL!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Della, thank you for your kind words from the other day. Love and best wishes Blods x