summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

and then they got sick....

Oh, the plans of man! We were very excited to get out of the house yesterday, the library and such. We wanted to wait until the temperature outside clmbed above zero. But, the school nurse called: Linnea was there with a fever. Okay, I would come get her, of course. It's been a few years since I was in the elementary school office:).

Poor Linnea, not feeling well. I got her a drink and some medicine, and some comfy blankets on the couch. The girls turned on a Barbie ballet movie, and she was as happy as can be, next think I knew, she was dancing with Lydia.

When my high school girls got off the bus, I did go to the library with Miss Char and Miss Cam. They got stacks of books, and we got some books on government, and a huge spelling book. Then we went to Target, I really really needed a new bra. I got one, it was expensive, ouch! And it's not even that great. I think I need to go somewhere else. But after all the work of finding the size, and trying it on, I almost put it back, but...blah. Anyway.

Then the grocery store...the kids at home were wondering what was for dinner, thankfully I had made some really fine chicken stew/soup the day before and there was some left. And since it was after six, all the hot foods at this particular store went half price, so I brought home three varieties of chicken wings, and some other chicken chunks, the kids really appreciated it.

So this morning, I got up to get kids ready for school...I didn't have to wake for Lydia coming, because she spent the night,(trouble with heating at her apartment), and Linnea wasn't going, but Sebastian and William were. Then Sebastian said he didn't feel well...okay, I said, you can stay home. So Will and I were yakking away, fixing his lunch while he ate his brekky, and what?! The superintendent called and...school is NOW CLOSED. I hadn't even known there was a delay, ha. Will and I got a huge kick out of it. The high school girls were snoozing in bed, and here I thought I had slept in just enough to miss them get on the bus, and felt bad.

The thing is, I am not feeling the greatest...my head hurts, and my eyes ache. It could just be a headache, but...I hope I don't get sick. I usually manage to fight it off, and I can hardly get the thermometer to go to 98, this morning I took my temp and it was 97.7, which is actually a little high for me. I hope I don't get sick. But in any case, today is a Stay Home Day. Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, Char, Cam, Will, Sebastian, Linnea, and Lydia are here:)

2 comments:

R's Rue said...

Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Praying you feel better soon and don't get sick. Going to be sunny and low 50s for a week now here in this part of the PNW.


God bless you all


Erika